The only solution I could think of was to call one of the boys and ask them to pick me up, even though I’d get a proud ‘I told you so’ from Julian and Corbin. After thoroughly searching my pockets I realized my phone was lost. Well, that plan was a bust.

            I saw headlights coming up the road, help? Music was blasting and all the windows were down as they drove up. Maybe no help…

            “Hey, baby? Want to ride with us?” some drunk boy called from the middle of all his drunk friends as they stopped right in front of me.

            I shook my head and scrunched my eyebrows together in disdain, “No,” I practically laughed at them. There might be something wrong with me, but I’m not so stupid as to getting into a car with a bunch of drunk strangers.

            The driver honked his horn, “C’mon! It’ll be fun!”

            “Dude look at her foot,” a boy leaned out the window and pointed at my bleeding body part.

            “Gross man!” a guy with a large tattoo on his chest laughed at me, “She’ll give us all AIDS!”

            “I don’t have AIDS, morons,” I rolled my eyes.

            The driver laughed way too loud and way too long, “Then get in! We’re going to a party!”

            A party? I was always the life of the-no! I couldn’t dance anyways! My foot hasn’t stopped bleeding!

            “Leave me alone, jerk bags,” I sort of stumbled awkwardly to my feet-er foot.

            “Nope!” said the original guy, “Get her!”

            My eyes widened and I started hoping away as the boys all got out of the car and drunkenly chased after me.

            “Shit!” I hopped as fast as possible, “Oh my goodness! This is not happening!” Glancing over my shoulder, I saw the tattoo guy lunge at me, taking me down.

            “Stay still sweetheart,” he threw me over his shoulder. His friends were grinning and laughing like crazy, calling me inappropriate names. I was too scared to even react, “I have a nice idea guys, lets all go back to my place. We can…you know…” he slapped my ass hard, breaking me from my fear coma.

            “Oh hell yeah!” the boys agreed, “Let me touch her assss,” they slurred.

            Aw, hell no! I elbowed tattoo guy’s back hard, causing him to lose his grip and drop me. I landed gracefully, holding my heels in front of me as weapons. The drunken men tried to attack me again, coming at me with just their arms outreached like some creepy scene from a horror movie. First things first, I let out a loud scream, and I mean ear splittingly loud like I was at a freaking One Direction concert or something, hopefully a neighbor or someone else would hear me and come help. But until then, I skillfully twisted the closest boy’s arm and kicked him in his balls with all my force. As he fell to the ground, another man grabbed me from behind. Using my heels, nice decision Scarlett, I stabbed him in the face and spun around to kick him as well. The other two drunk men retreated quickly after seeing their friends rolling on the street in pain and I continued my walk down the dark street.

            Sweat had formed under my arms and on my forehead, I hadn’t fought like that in years. I smiled up at the starry sky, “Thanks, Dad,” I said quietly. I guess becoming a second-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do really paid off.

            My foot was stinging and I was biting my lip to keep from crying like a little girl when I finally reached downtown. Now to just find the club! Or a hospital!

            “Bailey! Oh my God I was so worried!” a car stopped next to me, I leaned down to see Corbin in the drivers seat.

            “Well, if only you had showed up about, I don’t know, before any of this happened!” my strength vanished and I burst into tears, I’ve been crying so much this week that I was getting used to it. Corbin hopped out of the car and ran over to me, hugging me comfortingly and rubbing my back as I soaked his shoulder with tears and snot. For some reason I didn’t care what he thought of me at this moment. When I was done I pulled away from him, “My foot hurts,” I frowned.

            He leaned down to look at it, “Oh, gross!” he looked disgusted and I wondered how bad it had gotten. I stole a peek at it, pretty bad. Corbin lifted me bridal style, “I’m taking you to the hospital,” he explained when I opened my mouth.

            Corbin held my hand as the nurses painfully swabbed, sprayed, and bandaged my foot. They finished and left before the doctor came in holding a clipboard the nurses had filled out. He stroked his chin and looked at me, “Well, Bailey you’re one lucky girl.”

            “Thank you, Doctor?” I replied when he didn’t continue, leaving an awkward silence.

            He nodded and stared at me, “Your foot is not infected, you are free to go. Just try to avoid putting pressure on it for a couple of days, okay?”

            “Sure thing,” I nodded back. Why is he staring at me?

            Corbin stood up to leave and held a hand out for me, but the doctor himself walked over and lifted me off the bed. Corbin looked shocked, “What are you doing?”

            The young doctor shifted me in his arms, “Only what is best for her foot,” he defended himself, “Such a beautiful girl should never be in pain.”

            My face must have been one of pure shock; do I have to be hit on by every boy I see?

            Corbin stifled a laugh, “Here, I’ll carry her. You go…anywhere else.”

            “Oh,” he sat me on the bed, “Okay, Bailey I’ll see you next week to make sure your foot is doing okay.” Then he wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. I didn’t return the embrace, I just waited for it to end.

            My friend cleared his throat behind the black haired doctor. When the man still didn’t move Corbin tore him off me, “Okay that’s enough!” he picked me up, “Let’s go, Bailey.”

            “Thanks, Corbin,” I smiled and snuggled against his chest.

            He looked pissed when he said, “My pleasure, that Doctor was being extremely inappropriate.”

            I nodded in agreement, “But c’mon, it’s no big deal. Why are you angry?”

            He sighed, “I’m not angry, let’s just get home.”

            My arms found their way around his neck as we walked out of the hospital and I fell asleep to his rhythmic heartbeat.