Bottled Up

On the biggest, greenest meadow grows a tree. The sun is always shining upon this one special tree. It has no leaves, but instead of flowers, green and blue glass-bottles are hanging from the swaying branches. The bottles appear every time a human has the need to forget and they are full memories marked by sorrow and anger.

Eola is like everybody else. Full of happiness and unknowing about the cruelty in the world she lives in. One day, she is dancing in the garden, but it does not seem green enough. She is searching for the most idyllic, beautiful place to dance and to feel at one with nature. She ends up on the big, green meadow. She feels a swish of happiness, as she runs around. She feels the grass tickle her bare feet, she sings about heavenly happiness and she dances with the butterflies in her belly.

Suddenly she is standing in front of the tree. She looks puzzled and does not understand. Why are thousands of bottles hanging on this tree, and not purple, beautiful flowers? In that moment, she gracefully reaches out her her hand, and as she curiously touches the glass of a bottle with her finger, the sound of a 'pling' is heard and all the hatred in the world, peoples miserable memories and green envious thoughts come pouring down on Eola.

She is the only one in the town who feels the tears of the rain. She is the only one in the town with grey, foul hair. She is the only one not living on a pink, fluffy cloud. She is the one who is bearing every one's burdens and she is the one who has forgotten the feeling of happiness.