%Chapter Nineteen%

Nicki's POV

"DRAAAKE! Are you ready yet?" I shout, straightening my dress and standing by the door.

He walks down the stairs wearing his boxers. I gasp and smack his chest with my purse.

  "Ow! What're in there, gold bars?" Drake rubs his chest.

"No, nigga! It's the ton of makeup I had to pile onto my face and the rest of the money I have left from buying you that nice-ass suit! Where is it?!"

"It doesn't fit," he replies bluntly. "You're lucky I didn't rip it."

"Don't push it! It's gonna be hard to pick your teeth up off the floor with two broken arms!" I grit my teeth.

Drake puts his hands up in surrender. "Hey! I'm sorry, okay? I'll find my nicest clothes."

  I relax and pat him on the shoulder, smiling. "Mkay. See you in the car."

Drake blinks at me a few times before turning on his heel smoothly and going back upstairs.

  I go through the front door and sit in the car. I feel nauseous and don't feel like taking a two-hour drive to this restaurant to meet with Kelly and her boyfriend. I had to run to the bathroom to throw up six times today. I'm not in a good mood at all.

Drake opens the door and slides into the driver's seat. He's wearing a tight white shirt, some baggy black jeans, and some Tims. I glare at him.

"What?"

"Just drive," I mumble. Drake starts the car and we're off.

"Why are we going out, anyway?"Drake breaks the silence about five minutes later.

"I don't know," I grump sarcastically. "Maybe because she's so damn generous?"

  "Jeez. Sorry."

  I sigh. "No, I'm sorry. I haven't been feeling good all day. And I'm angry for some reason. I just want to punch a wall or something."

  "It's all good." He leans over and kisses me on the cheek. I smile.

  "Thanks," I say.

"Anytime."

  We drive for thirty more minutes in quiet, not even the radio on. There's a pain in my stomach.

  I hope I didn't catch the flu or anything. . . I think to myself. I lean back in my seat and doze off.

  "Nic." Drake taps my shoulder a few minutes later. "We're here."

  I open my eyes drowsily. The car is parked in front of a fancy-looking restaurant. Drake gets out, opens the door for me, and helps me waddle--yes, waddle--into the building.

There are no lights, and each table is illuminated by a candle. There are so many set up all over the place that I can't count them. I've got my hands resting on my stomach, which emphasizes my pregnancy, and I have several people give me a grateful/sympathetic smile. I wave back. It's quiet besides the soft classical music flowing from hidden speakers. I can't see them but every time I get near one I hear the music more clearly.

  "Guys!" I see Kelly in the corner of my eye. Drake and I walk over to her table. She and her boyfriend sit side by side in a booth. We slide in on the opposite side. I lean against Drake, still not feeling good.

"This is Jordan," Kelly says, beaming and gesturing at the man by her side. He gives us both a nod.

  "I'm Aubrey, but you can call me Drake." He gives him a handshake. Drake puts his arm around me. "This is Onika, but everyone calls her Nicki."