Friends~ Author x Male Reader

// okay so if you have read any of my past author x reader you will know that my oc type of me has brown hair and blue eyes. My personality is pretty much shown in the chapter. Until i find a good pic for me, I gave you an example, which is ginger from Heaven and Hell roman company.

This is based off the song FRIENDS.

"I love you."
"I love you too."
"No like, I love you.. In a romantic way."
"No you dont."
"I do."
"Well I only love you like a brother."
"O-oh.."
"Yeah."
"I'll try to make you love me in the way I love you!"

With that Kurtis ran off down the dark street, Y/n just watched him run off not sure what to think, his best friend for 7 years just confessed to him, but he didn't feel the same, not even one bit. They were just walking home from school, how was he supposed to know that Kurtis would confess. This stressed him out, this would only fuck up their friendship, and he didn't want that, chances are Kurtis will be hurt, or even both of them. But, Y/n knew that even though Kurtis could be hurt by him, Kurtis will come back, that's just the person he is, he never leaves someone he loves. Y/n was just worried about himself, Kurtis would heal and come back, but would he be able to come back? Y/n sighed in frustration and began heading down the street again towards his house. Maybe he could sleep off this problem, sleep makes everything better. But what Y/n didn't know was that, what happened today, was only the beginning of the hurricane coming for him.

"Y/n! I fucking love you asshole!" Kurtis yelled and jumped onto Y/n's back. Y/n was just walking down to the cafeteria and his brunette friend attacked him out of nowhere. "Shut the fuck up. You dont love me. Get off me. We are best friends for christ!" Y/n said irritatedly and tried to shake off his crazy friend. "But Y-y/n!" "No buts get off me." Y/n said almost reaching the peak of his anger. "Fine you little fucker." Kurtis said and got off, pouting and sat on the floor stubbornly. "Get off the floor lets go, stop acting like this you little bitch." Y/n said and kicked his friend lightly. "Hmph." Y/n pouted. Y/n rolled his eyes and sighed. "Ill give you a cookie." Then Kurtis sprang to life and ran off to the cafeteria.

Y/n groaned as he received another package covered in heart stamps, glitter, lace, and to make it worse, the box was pink. He picked off the porch and returned inside, only to throw the package into a pile of others identical to it. Kurtis was going crazy with gifts, still trying to win over Y/n. But Y/n kept denying all of this. He honestly thought all of this was absolute bullshit. How much longer could Kurtis keep it up. Maybe Y/n would just wait it out, maybe it will just pass by in a week or two. It's only been a week already.

Y/n blinked, then sighed. Kurtis just handed him a box of heart shaped cookies, to add to it, the box was also heart shaped. "Kurtis seriously-" Y/n got rudely cut off. "Just take them, they're baked with lots of love." Kurtis smiled and walked away happily. Y/n glanced down at the cookies, they looked good, they were sugar cookies, Kurtis's specialty in baking, in cooking it was Cup of Noodles. Kurtis was a great baker, but when it came down to cooking he sucked, he set a bunch of stuff on fire, he actually burns the cup of noodles still. Y/n took a bite of the cookie and smiled lightly. It was delicious. But it had a bitter taste, only because he knew Kurtis made these trying to win him over. Honestly, 20 more batches of these cookies and Y/n would be all over Kurtis.

Kurtis frowned as he looked down at a batch of brownies. He knew these wouldn't work, but it was worth a try, he was beginning to run out of ideas, so he baked, for himself mostly, he must always feed number 1. But really he just started eating through his feelings, empty pie tins, cake pans, cookie jars, laid empty all over his house, along with stray tissues. "He said he liked someone before... who was it? That one girl.. Jillian. That fucking hoe. Well I mean she is a nice person, she is pretty, smart, and she is my tutor, she donates to charity, she reads to kids, she helps at retirement homes, ahhhh... She is perfect. Maybe I should try to get them together... just so Y/n could be happy. But that would hurt me... maybe.. I could tear them so far apart?"

Y/n went to say hello to Jillian but she just rolled her eyes at him. "Jillian?" He asked confused, but he got no response. He raised an eyebrow. Maybe he should talk to Kurtis about it, after all they are best friends. Kurtis hasn't pulled anything in the past 48 hours, maybe Y/n was a little concerned. Y/n began his search for Kurtis around lunch. Kurtis was sitting at a table, their table, with someone, Jillian. "Oh hey Y/n." Kurtis waved to Y/n with a fake smile. That fake smile that Kurtis gave people he hated. But now it was directed at Y/n. Now Y/n was scared. "Hi?" Y/n said and went closer to the table. "Ah. Guess what." Kurtis said looking excited. "Hm?" Y/n hummed in response looking at Jillian with a death glare. "Me and Jillian are going out!" Kurtis said and interlocked his and Jillians fingers. If Y/n had a drink right now, he would've done the craziest spit take. "What?" He said. "Jillian confessed and of course I said yes, I like giving people chances because Im nice. Now, I think I like her too." Kurtis said giving Y/n that fake smile filled with hatred. Y/n looked down and nodded, he didn't want Kurtis to look at him like that. "I gotta go.." Y/n said and walked out of the cafeteria quickly, and towards the washroom. Why would Kurtis all of a sudden go out with his crush?

"Can I have my money now?" Jillian asked as she took back her hand and motioned her hand asking for money. "Okay okay. Here is your $20. Thank you for your help." Kurtis said and put her $20 into her hand. "Ah, no problem. See you in drama class, and Wednesday for tutoring. You weird gay." Jillian said and walked off sassily, whipping her brown locks as she exited the cafeteria. Kurtis sighed. Was that the best idea? Maybe he should apologize to Y/n. Or not, he could take this time to get closer to Y/n... but.. that wouldn't be right, this wasn't right. "Shit." Kurtis cursed and put his head down on the table, and began to think of a million ways to say sorry.

Y/n exited the washroom only to be approached by a crying Kurtis. "Im sorry Y/n!" Kurtis said running towards his friend. Y/n gulped, preparing for impact. But Kurtis stopped just before. "Im sorry.. I faked that! I don't even like girls. They are so weird! With their boobs and how they get mad for a whole week, and and they aren't always dominant so I don't like them that way-" Y/n put a hand over Kurtis's mouth. "Shush. I don't want to hear your rant. I forgot you were gay. Why would I believe that?? Why did you do that??" Y/n asked raising his eyebrow at him. "W-well.. I wanted to drift you and Jillian apart. So I could get closer. I really love you. I just want you to love me back." Kurtis said and looked at Y/n sadly. Y/n sighed. "Haven't I made it obvious? I look at you like a brother. I've known you since like we were 10. Stop saying that shit. I told you a thousand times. We are Friends. Do I have to spell it out for you? F-R-I-E-N-D-S. Oh god. Don't give me that look now. Don't cry." Y/n said angrily. Kurtis cried harder now. "You know what... Fine then. I give up. Whatever now. It hurts. But maybe.. this whole thing shows, that maybe, just maybe, you weren't worth it. Not at all. You're a jerk actually. Couldn't even let me down easily even the first time." Kurtis said looking down covering his face, but when he finally looked up, it was a sad smile he gave Y/n. Y/n's eye widened, he never saw him this heart broken. That look in his eyes of pure pain, his smile that only showed sadness. "K-kurtis I-" "No shut up. Give me time. Away from you." Kurtis said and ran away.

"What did I do?"
"We were just friends though."
"He fucked it up. Not me."
"Or.. maybe I did?"
"Shit.. Am I alone now?"
"Maybe I am a jerk.. He was my only friend."
"The only one who cared.. "
"Fuck. What did I fucking do now?"