CHAPTER 14

Thank you for the votes, guys! ^^

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN UTA NO PRINCE SAMA. I just own the plot.

CHAPTER 14

"Did... Did you just say... Masato..."

Their eyes widened in fright and guilt as soon as they saw how despondent Tokiya was now (they still could not contain their shock from seeing him being this disheveled either). The vocalist eyed each of them in extreme anxiety, hoping that it was just a sick joke but none of them looked at him straight into his eyes. Superficially, they seemingly did not have the mettle to explain further about Masato's car crash to Tokiya but in reality...

Ren who stood the closest to the stairway was secretly signaling Masato to cut the crap and revealed himself before Tokiya went out of his mind again. Once was enough and as much as he loved to see Tokiya's reaction when he got ribbed, Ren was not that callous to see his friend cried again because...

For goodness sake, Hijirikawa, this is a bad idea! This dude is this close to bawl his eyes out again so please, come here and cut it out already! The ladies' man mentally said when he did not see any sign of Masato appeared from downstairs. He started to feel rueful to agree on Masato's dramatic idea.

"You guys will tell him that I was in a car crash while I was on the way here. Please make it sound like I am in critical condition and what not so that he will cry. Why should we make him cry, you ask? It's because when he knows it's only a prank, he will be embarrassed and more expressive. It will be easier for me to comfort him too."

But, I still think this prank is cruel, though... Poor Tokiya-kun. I can't stand to see him crying like this, Natsuki thought. The big guy tried to form a telepathic communication with Kazuki, asking what should they do next since they did not expect to see Tokiya breaking down this soon but Tokiya's father just avoided his eyes, implying that he did not know either.

Meanwhile, Syo looked the 'worst' out of them. His tears quickly streamed down his face as he had been targeted by Tokiya to answer him. His reaction was enough to fulfill the dramatic demand in this setting but just like others, he mentally prayed so that Masato would stop pulling such a terrible prank on his own friend.

"Ne, Syo. Tell me. Masato is alright, right? He was fine, right?" Tokiya grabbed Syo's shoulders while staring at him straight into his eyes.

"Oi, guys. Help me..." Syo winced as Tokiya's long fingers sank deeper into his muscle.

"He's not, Tokiya-kun. He's in the hospital right now," Natsuki confirmed, secretly eyeing Ren to save this situation.

"No, it can't be..."

All of sudden, the so-called victim of a car crash, Masato slowly climbed the stairs with an annoyingly amused face.

"At last, we can hear your voice, muttering about things besides 'I am sorry, Otoya,'" he said, much to Tokiya's shock. His hands slowly dropped from Syo's shoulders, much to the small boy's relief.

Tokiya gazed at his very healthy best friend out of confusion. He saw how contrite the way the other four looked at him and that was when he could put two and two together. If his emotion was stable enough, he would snap right away like the usual him but his tired eyes just blinked at what happened. The next thing he did was he dragged his dog-tired body into his room, attempting to isolate himself again.

But Masato knew him well enough to predict what would he do so he was quicker to stop Tokiya from being melancholic by himself again. He forced the door open before shutting it right in front of others' faces.