Distractions

A/N So I got the actual plot of the case from ACD's "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" and it is not my own.

John sat in his chair as he watched pellets of rain trickle down the window. He was sipping a cup of tea that Mrs. Hudson had made and listened to Sherlock play a beautiful piece on his violin. This is the perfect time to write on the blog, John thought.

  He sat up and placed the tea carefully on the table beside his laptop. Then, he opened the screen and logged onto his website. Sherlock and him had finished solving a very peculiar murder.

"The Adventure of the Speckled Bram?" Sherlock stopped playing and looked over John's shoulder.

"Well... Yes. I think it's quite fitting. Mr. Bram sent a speckled-"

"Yes, I understand the title. It's just... strange. You and your little blog." Sherlock smirked and then resumed playing as John turned back to the screen.

John took another sip of his tea and began to type his introduction:

Sherlock and I were beginning to

"John?" Sherlock had stopped playing again.

"Yes, Sherlock?"

"Might I remind you that I was not afraid of the snake... rather focused on something else... yes?"

"Alright, Sherlock." John smiled.

Sherlock and I were beginning to head off to bed when we heard a knocking on the door. A woman by the name of Helen Stoner was shaking in fear as we ushered her in from the cold. She explained that her sister was killed under mysterious circumstances two years ago and that she might be next.

Sherlock flopped down into his chair and started to pluck at the strings of his violin. Meanwhile, John was hunched over, clicking away on his keyboard occasionally taking a sip of tea.

"John?"

"...Yes, Sherlock?" John sighed.

"I'm bored."

John rolled his eyes. "Well just... I don't know? Shoot a wall or something. I would like to finish writing this."

Sherlock placed his violin on the table and walked up behind John. "Come on, John!"

"Would do you suggest we do, Sherlock?"

"I don't know. There haven't been any murders in the past month! How will I go on like this? Just sitting here, watching you type on your keyboard... letter by letter. It's infuriating!"

"I don't do that! I type normally," John argued.

"Right..." Sherlock tried to contain his laughter.

"It'll only take a few minutes, Sherlock. Go for a walk and I'll be finished." John motioned to the door.

"Fine." Sherlock walked over and threw a scarf around his neck.

"And I type normally!" John announced as Sherlock shut the door.

John turned back to his laptop and began to type again:

   Two years ago, her sister Martha was engaged to a man named Paul Hanson. The week before her wedding, Martha complained of hearing strange noises in her room. One night, Helen awoke to screaming in Martha's room. Helen said she ran into Martha's room and called out for their step-father who was formerly a doctor. By the time he arrived, Martha was dead and they never found out why.

Helen explained that she currently lived with her step-father who was previously imprisoned in India. Her mother passed away from a cancer so he was all she had left. She added eventually, that her mother left her and her sister twenty-thousand dollars each but under the condition that they must that they must arrange to get married.