Chapter Seventeen: The Dates.

Start from the beginning

''Well, I am. But I was going to ask you if you wanted to ride, with me? You see, I need a partner.'' his eyes twinkle, challenging me.

''Of course! I'd love to! Come on!'' I grab his arm and we go down the steps and back into the readying side, where I see loads of other motocross riders getting ready.

''Riley! Where are you going?'' Zayn has followed me, great.

''Just...'' I explain, very vaguely. He won't approve of me riding on a motocross, will he?

''I'm giving her a ride.'' Dylan says, in his drawl.

I promptly stand on his foot.

''You're what?''

''He's taking me for a ride. I'm his partner, in the competition.'' I explain, again.

''You never told me this!''

''I only found out ten seconds ago!'' I argue.

He sighs and shakes his head to himself, ''Fine. If you kill yourself, don't blame me.''

''Hey, I take offence at that. I ride a good motocross.'' Dylan tells him.

''You take care of her, you hear me?'' Zayn looks at him, with a fierce expression on his face.

''I hear you, I hear you. I will.'' Dylan nods.

''Good. I'll be cheering for you Riley.'' he winks at me.

I smile at him and then he walks back to his seat.

''Who's he? Your boyfriend?'' Do I detect a tad of jealousy? No, not really.

''No! My brother.''

''Oh okay. Now, get into this,'' Dylan hands me a motocross jacket and trousers (Leathers, according to motorbike riders and motocross riders.) and a helmet. I quickly pull them on, over my jeans and t-shirt and then tie my hair up, so the helmet can go over it. When I'm ready, he leads me to his motocross bike.

''Okay, all you have to do is hold onto me tight.''

''Okay,'' I grin at him. ''Can't wait.''

He laughs and nods, ''Listen for my name. When you hear it, put your helmet on properly and we'll be off.''

''Okay.'' I say yet again.

We wait until someone comes riding in and then I hear Dylan's name being called.

I nudge him with my knees and then I push my helmet down. I wrap my arms around his waist as we speed off along the dirt track.

''There are quite a few mud ramps and such.'' Dylan shouts to me above the roar of the engine.

''Oh,'' I roll my eyes at him. ''You tell me that now?!''

''Sorry.'' he says, not meaning it and he pushes the accelerator forward, speeding us up as we come to a mud ramp.

Dylan is a speed freak. A bit like me, I suppose. I love speed. Dylan loves it more than I do. You can easily detect he's a speed freak because he's yelling right now as we fly over a mud ramp.

Yes, definitely a speed freak.

I hold on tightly as we land with a bump and we both lurch forward.

''Woohoo!'' Dylan shouts.

I laugh quickly and then I hold on tight again.

We ride fast round the track, kicking up dust, dirt and mud every time we go round a corner.

And as we fly through the air, I think, this is so much fun!

Nikki's POV:

''So did you like your date?'' Harry looks at me and smiles.