Daniel Ricciardo - 'our lucky star'

A/N : Hey! This one is for @@tami_udvardy! I hope you'll like it :) Thank you very much for your request! 

Chinese Grand Prix 2018

Daniel parked his car and got out. He carefully stood on the halo to raise his arms in the air as it was his victory. Standing behind the fence, you were slightly holding your breath because you did not want the father of your child to break his neck. It had been so difficult for you to hold still during the race. Still, it had been worth the wait because you were so proud of him. Daniel jumped in the air and grabbed the camera to shake it and to express his joy.

The Australian ran into the arms of his team before looking for you. His race engineer led you to the side of the park fermé so you could go into it. Once he spotted you, he started to jog towards you. He embraced you before making you spin which made you laugh. However, he was careful as you could be fragile right now. He was still wearing his helmet so you kissed it even though you were desperate to kiss him. You whispered loudly enough for him to hear: 'You're the best, I love you!'.

The winner of the race left you to go to the cool room and you went back behind the fence to have a better view of the podium. The team was exploding with joy as the speaker announced the drivers: Kimi, then Valtteri and then your man. He was clenching his fists in the air. You were clapping like everybody and your cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

Daniel stepped on the step made for the winner and the three drivers took their cap off as you could hear the Australian anthem. You wished his parents were there, they would be so happy.

You noticed Daniel covering his eyes with his hand. Everybody could see that he was becoming emotional. You could see on the big screen that his lower lip was trembling. You brought your hands to your mouth and felt your eyes burning with tears of joy. He raised his thumb to thank the team and locked eyes with you. You both knew what he was thinking about.

Daniel was always focused but this time, it was different. After all this time, it had happened, and it had given so much strength to Daniel. He smiled widely at you and mouthed 'I love you' to which you answered by blowing him a kiss with your hands before feeling the tears on your cheeks. He looked away and bit his right fist before lifted it to his brow. You had only seen him once like this and it was just a few days ago after the great news. He sniffed and wiped the tears from his face with his hands.

The two anthems had ended and it was now the time to get the trophies. Men shook hands and then Daniel jumped off the podium grabbed the bottle of champagne and slammed it on the step before shaking it and watering the team member. He also watered the team that was beneath the podium and you with it.

When you saw Daniel only lift his right foot on the podium you knew. Shoey. He took off his shoe and brought it to his ear, wanting to hear the public cheer. He filled his shoe and lifted it in the air. You laughed and shook your head. He drank and passed it to the team member before turning to the crowd and smiling.

Martin Brundle stepped on the podium to interview the drivers. He started with Daniel. The interviewer smiled and said:

'Daniel! What an amazing race, congratulations! You must be pretty happy right now.'

Daniel smiled broadly and chuckled.

'Oh you have no idea! This was crazy! I gave everything when I had the chance and of course, the safety car helped. I could catch up on the cars in front of me and it just did it,' he answered as he still could not believe it himself.

He shook his head one more time and clenched his fists in the air, causing the public to cheer.

'Daniel, you looked pretty emotional, that was very moving to see,' Martin said.