Chapter One: Torture

Start from the beginning

It hurts, of course, but I understand why this has to be done.

Last but not least, Aaron and Alan. They are the twin cousin's of Spencer who also happen to be mated to each other.

It's not all that strange that the two males are mates, it's actually widely accepted in our pack. Unlike lesbian mates, gay mates are considered acceptable. A woman being mated to a woman is punishable by rejection of the pack depending on who the Alpha is. I truly don't understand this law, but I know better than to question the Elders.

It's a rarity to have a gay couple mated to one another, but when it does happen, no one bats an eye. If anyone opposed, they would soon have to suffer the wrath of the Alpha to be.

He has set strict rules against bullying someone because of their sexual preferences, male or female. I've heard that he even has plans to try to get rid of the 'no lesbians' law when he becomes Alpha in a few days.

That's what I admire about him the most, he's surprisingly really kind. Despite the crowd he hangs out with, he has good morals, a nice character, and a charming attitude. Granted, he does have poor taste in women, but that is his only bad trait.

He doesn't bully me as much as the others do, but he doesn't really help much either. He simply stands by until he feels the need to either join in so as not to draw suspicion to himself, or make the others leave me alone for the rest of the evening.

I know I shouldn't, but I have a slight crush on him. Excepting Jared, he's the only one that hasn't hurt me too bad. I know it's wrong, and I know he'll never like me back, but I can't help it. I sometimes find myself wishing that he would turn out to be my mate. Having these thoughts are dangerous of course, if he found out, he would end up hating me more than he hates the rogues.

'Who would want an ugly, fat boy like me anyway?' I thought, withdrawing further into my jacket as I slightly picked up the pace.

I strode passed the group, my head still down so they wouldn't be able to see my face. They continued to talk about nothing in particular, shuffling around in the grass where they stood. A few of them glanced in my direction when a few leaves crunched under my shoes.

I held my breath and waited to be outed as they continued to stare.

To my relief, they went back to their conversation, ignoring me completely. A quiet sigh graced my lips as a small smile spread across my face. I soon reached the double doors unharmed, an overwhelming feeling of gratitude beginning to surface.

I made it safely into the building and sighed in relief once more, 'maybe I could get through the morning without the routine beating.'

My relief was short lived as I heard an angry growl come from behind me.

"You thought I wouldn't notice someone as ugly as you trying to sneak around? Wow, you really are dumb." A voice snarled, the clicking of heels sounded as she stopped behind me.

Marisol.

I whimpered in pain as she began to shove me into a set of lockers, growling at me as if I were the enemy. She slammed my head into a padlock positioned behind me, causing me to scream and drop to my already wounded knees.

As I crouched there, I could feel the skin tearing open again, more blood smearing the dirty tiles beneath me and staining my already ruined jeans.

"You deserve this for what you did to me this morning!" She brought her leg back and shoved her six inch heel into my right thigh.

I shrieked in pain and wildly took a look around. I soon realized that we were the only ones here; her and I. The halls were completely empty, leaving me completely helpless.

A drop of relief filled me as I realized she came to torture me alone, 'at least this would be over quicker than usual.'

She grabbed me by my hair and dragged me down the hallway, shoving me into walls and sliding me against the bottom edges of the lockers. She continued to drag me for a couple more minutes until she reached the stairs that lead to the basement.

The basement here was only supposed to be used to hide the women and children during attacks, the boilers are filled with lavender so their scents are masked.

She thrust the door open with one hand and threw me down the stairs with the other. She slowly followed me down, taking careful steps as if she were taunting me with her graceful movements.

"You have ruined my morning already, you should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you upset your Luna."

She stopped in front of me with a scowl on her face, her hatred burning so hot I could feel it radiating off of her.

I cradled my head, and tightened my jaw so as not to slip up and mention the fact that she's not actually the Luna yet.

"S-Sorry, L-Luna." I whispered, hating myself for being so weak and incapable of protecting myself.

"You sure will be!" She hissed, taking her sweet time walking over to me.

Times like these I wish I could do something to help myself, but I'm simply too weak. There was nothing I could do to stop her.

She brought her leg back and unleashed an onslaught of kicks down on me, striking at my torso. My ribs ached as she kicked them repeatedly, not stopping until she heard a loud 'crack'.

Smiling to herself, she spat on me before turning away and leaving me writhing in pain. I curled up in a puddle of my own blood, feeling the substance begin to dry as my bone slowly snapped itself back into place.

I lay there with my eyes clenched, jumping as the door slammed shut. I whimpered in pain as the sound reverberated off the metal walls, echoing within my eardrums.

************************

School had been over for about two hours now, yet I hadn't been able to gather up the strength to move. I had nothing left in my body except pain as it slowly repaired itself.

The basement door creaked open and I whimpered in fear. My eyelids fluttered as I wondered if she had come back to finish me off.

I tried to scuttle away when I heard someone beginning to walk down the steps, the clicking of their shoes sending a cold chill down my spine. Obsidian circles darted across my closed eyelids as I felt someone pick me up and carry me away.

Darkness consumed me and I heard someone mumbling, "what the hell kind of Alpha allows this to happen!?"

°°°°°°°°°°°°