Chapter 39

My eyes shoot open to see the chaos all around me

My eyes shoot open to see the chaos all around me. Ghost Riders had run into the train station, to drop off more people. Everyone who had once been in a catatonic state, had gotten up from their places on the benches to hide virtually anywhere they could. I move from my position out in the open to hide behind a pole, sliding down it to sit on the ground, bringing my knees as close to my chest as I could until my baby bump got in the way. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to block out the loud screams and the shrieks of the horses. Eventually the screams go down, and the sounds of horses running along the tunnels fades as quickly as it came. I hesitantly open my eyes and look around slowly. There up on the wall was the small population of Beacon Hills. Our once thriving population had gone down to 20 people. Before my eyes, number by number, the population drops down to 10, and I knew exactly who those 10 people were. I turn my head to see my brother standing a few feet in front of me, his flannel covered shoulders were all a saw as he was turned away from me.
"Stiles!"
The ringing of a cell phone wakes me up. I open my eyes and find myself sleeping up on the couch. I let out a groan and sit up, I look over and see Scott still here from last night, talking on the phone on the side of my sectional couch.
He hangs up the phone and turns to me,"We're meeting at the station in a half an hour, you coming?"
I nod and stand up from the couch,"Yeah, let me get changed and stuff, then we can swing by your house so you can change too."
I walk into Jordan and I's room and and after going through numerous outfits that don't fit me anymore, I finally find on, and hurry to finish getting ready. After stopping at Scott's house we head to the station driving through our eerily empty town to get there.

"You're going to bite Stiles?" Lydia asks Scott in shock, as we gather in the empty station.
Scott lets out a sigh,"To get him through the rift... It's the only way."
Peter, who is lurking in the corner, clears his throat, getting our attention,"Just to clarify, are you planning on biting everyone in the train station?"
"With Stiles back, he'll be able to help us figure out a plan." Scott replies leaning against on of the police desks.
"So the plan is to get Stiles to come up with a plan. This is the best idea you've ever come up with." Peter states sarcastically.
Malia rolls her eyes,"You can shut up now."
Peter lets out a sigh, growing slightly more serious,"Malia, look around. We're the only ones left in Beacon Hills. If they take us, Lydia will be the only one left to haunt the place."
Scott nods as Lydia shoots Peter a glare,"That's why I'm the only person that's going in. Liam and Hayden will stay here with Mason. As long as somebody is left in Beacon Hills, the Wild Hunt can't move on."
"I like your plan, Scott. I really do, especially the part about turning Stiles especially the part about turning Stiles. But it can't work." Peter states, pacing back and forth.
"How do you know?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.
Peter shrugs,"Logic. Life experience. Liam, what are the odds that he gets take? What if Stiles isn't there? What if there's no Beacon Hills for you to come back to?"
"You got a better idea?" Liam asks.
"Yeah, it's called run like hell. So... leave in five?" Peter asks.
Malia turns around and walks up to him,"You promised you'd help us. We still need to find the rift."
He shakes his head,"I didn't promise I'd help you commit suicide."
"If you can't help, we can find it ourselves," Scott tells him.
Peter lets out a sigh,"Scott, I admit that you have a flair for beating the odds. But this? You don't walk away from... You run."
As he walks out, I get a text from Melissa asking if I wanted to come with her and Argent to try and find Jordan. As much as I wanted to find the rift and help get Stiles back, I figured I'd be more help finding Jordan. So I texted her to pick me up at the station on the way, they were planning on starting where he first left last night.
Scott must have noticed me staring down at my phone in thought,"What is it?"
I put my phone back in my pocket,"Your mom, she asked if I wanted to go with her and Argent to find Jordan."
Scott nods and stands up from the desk,"Well then you have to go."
I look at him hesitantly,"Are you sure?"
"Of course, you look, and catch up with us later. I'll let you know when we've found the rift." Scott replies, smiling reassuringly.
"Alright, let me know as soon as you find it though," I say as I hear a honk from outside.