Chapter 31

I slam open the doors to the clinic as Scott and Liam follow closely behind me, holding the dying Dread Doctor in his arms

I slam open the doors to the clinic as Scott and Liam follow closely behind me, holding the dying Dread Doctor in his arms. Stiles and Deaton turn to us with wide eyes as Scott calls out,"He's still alive."
Scott and Liam lay him on the examination table. I've never seen one of them this close before. I let my eyes wander over his lifeless eyes with a mask, his whole body covered in metal making me wonder what he looked like underneath, or even what he looked like before he became a Dread Doctor.
"Can you keep him alive?" Scott asks, pulling me from my thoughts.
Deaton shrugs as he pulls on the jacket of the Doctor,"I'm not sure he technically is alive."
"Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?" Liam asks, glaring down at the Doctor.
Stiles shrugs,"Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough."
I roll my eyes, bumping my shoulder with Stiles',"Not helping."
I look around at the two wolves in the room, and they seem to be distracted. "Did you hear that?" Liam asks.
Suddenly the the Doctor sits up, and a high pitched noise echoes through the room causing me to hold my hands to my head, crying out in pain. I fall to the ground beside Stiles as everything around me shakes. When the pain stops, I stand up and see that the Doctor is gone. A loud bang sounds from outside, just as every metal object is forcefully pulled against the exit door, Scott pulling me out of the way of a metal chair.
Scott and Liam go over to move the objects from the door only to be stopped by Deaton,"Stop! It's electrified.
We back up from the fence as Scott and Liam remain silent, trying to listen to what is going on between the Doctor and Sebastian. It is silent for a moment until Scott mutters,"The cane."
"But they took it. They took the cane." Liam replies as they continue to listen in on the conversation
I grab Scott's arm lightly,"What's going o n? What happened."
Scott turns around for the rest of us,"He's dead, the last Dread Doctor is dead. He told Sebastian that the pike was in a cane, the cane that Gerard uses."
After managing to stop the flow of electricity to the metal objects, and getting them out of the way of the door, we go outside to where the body of the Dread Doctor was lying. He, unlike the others had his mask off, his shriveled pale skin, clear of aging on show. Before I could observe the body further, Scott pulls me away and we go back inside the clinic.
"Maybe there's something here. Something about how he was a genetic Chimera." Scott states as he sets Mason's medical file on the counter.
Deaton nods,"Mason had a vanishing twin."
"And now we've got a vanishing Mason," Stiles states.
Liam frowns in confusion, his concern for his friend evident on his face,"What does that have to do with him turning into a 250 year old French guy? How does that even happen?"
Deaton puts his hand out, cutting Lian off,"Hold on, Scott might have something. Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone. That's what made him a genetic Chimera."
I look down at Mason's file again,"The DNA was still there, so metaphorically speaking, the DNA of Mason could still be inside Sebastien as well."
"How?" Stiles asks, his face scrunched in confusion.
"Life is energy. Energy doesn't just disappear. The Dread Doctors may have found a way to break the rules of the supernatural world, but there are some rules that simply won't break." Deaton replies.
Liam nods, a hopeful look in his eyes,"So Mason can't just be gone?"
I begin to pace back and forth on my side of the cold metal table,"Somewhere in Sebastian he has to still exist in some form. Possibly a spark of energy or a flicker of memory."
Stiles looks up from the table in realization,"Hold on. Liam, Noelle, you guys said that Mason said something right before he turned."
"He said "That's not my name." Liam replies.
"He finally remembered his name. Damnatio Memoriae." Scott says.
Liam nods his head,"That's what they wanted. They wanted Sebastian to remember his name."
Deaton looks over at Scott,"Scott, you know the myth of what happens when you call a werewolf by its given name?"
Scott's eyes widen slightly,"It turns back to human."
"What does that mean? Someone can just walk up to the Beast, yell Mason's name and turn him back?" Liam asks.
Scott shakes his head,"Not someone."
"Lydia."
Just as her name is said, my phone rings, it's loud sound echoing through the room. I pull it out and see that it was my dad I pull it out and answer,"Hey Dad, what's up?"
"Noelle, it's Lydia. The Beast came in human form and attacked attacked Lydia, and kidnapped Hayden."
My eyes widen in shock as Scott, Stiles, and Liam move closer to me to listen to the phone call,"What? Is she ok?"
"Yes, but she has a few stitches in her neck and she can hardly talk."
My heart drops, as I hear Liam slam his hand down on the counter,"We'll be there soon."
When we get to the hospital, we give Stiles a little time with her, and I take this as an opportunity to call he to see how Jordan is doing. Ever since we found out what this Beast is capable of, and how Jordan hasn't exactly been doing well in fighting against the Beast, I've done nothing but worry about him.
He doesn't answer right away, but when he does, my heart fills his chest,"Hey El, now's not the greatest time."
I let out a sigh,"I know, I just needed to know if you were ok. Sebastian killed all three Dread Doctors, when we couldn't even stop him from taking Mason. I'm worried about you J."
He lets out a sigh as well,"I'm okay, we're in the tunnels trying to find him. Do you guys have a backup plan?'
"We did, there's an old myth that when you call a werewolf by its given name it will turn back human, we were going to have Lydia do that because her scream is powerful. That was until Sebastian came to the station and attacked Lydia."
"What? Is she okay?" Jordan asks.
"Yeah, he got her in the throat, and now it's all swollen so she can't talk, but I'm sure we'll figure something out." I say as I hear a loud roar come from the other end.
"El, I've got to go." Jordan gushes in a hurry.
"Please be safe," I tell him, but he doesn't reply and I pull my phone away from my ear to see that he had hung up.
I hear Scott call my name, so I clench my shaking hands and walk into Lydia's room,"What's the plan?"
"We're getting her out of here, my mom's going to give her a cortisone shot. This isn't over, we're ending this, and we're saving Mason."
I raise my eyebrows in surprise,"Where did all of this motivation come from?"
A lovesick smile grows on Scott's face,"Kira."
Scott and I help Lydia sit up as Stiles and Melissa walk into the room, with a large needle in hand,"Lydia, this is gonna have to be just between us, since I can get fired for it"
"It's a cortisone shot. It's gonna bring the inflammation down." Scott explains to her.
Lydia nods, and slowly sticks her arm out, as she uncovers her arm from her gown, but Melissa shakes her head,"Not there."
As Melissa takes the bandage off of Lydia's neck, Stiles' eyes widen,"Oh, okay, Lydia, I'm gonna need to leave."
Melissa doesn't take her eyes off Lydia's neck as she replies,"You aren't going anywhere. Hold her hand."
Stiles takes a deep breath, nodding his head."Okay, fine. I'm not leaving, but I might still faint."
"Okay... here we go." Melissa says right before she enters the needle into Lydia's neck. I hear a crashing sound, and I look over to see Liam passed out on the floor. "Okay Lydia, this is going to hurt like a bitch. As soon as the needle goes into Lydia's neck, she cries out loudly in pain.
After I help Lydia get dressed, and waking Liam up, we head out of the hospital, sending Stiles to go get Malia. Scott gives Stiles the talons that steal power for help as backup. After that, Scott, Liam, Lydia, and I make our way back to the murky, dark tunnels.
Loud sounds of electricity erupt from the tunnels as soon as we enter them. "Scott?' Lydia whispers.
"You hear that?' Liam asks from beside me.
"I heard that," Lydia whispers.
I watch as Liam looks down at the puddle of water we're currently standing in, then up at me. "Noelle, Lydia get out of the water!" He shouts as he shoves both Lydia and I out of the water, and up against the wall. I look down and watch in shock as Liam and Scott get electrocuted, sending them both falling to the ground.
I turn around only to run into Theo smirking at me,"Sorry you too, can't have you getting in the way." I frown in confusion, until Theo shoves me roughly, sending me falling backwards through the entrance of another level of tunnels, I let out a scream as I fall through the entrance. I fall to the ground, my body hitting the ground roughly. I let out a groan of pain as I instinctively reach for my stomach, hoping the baby was okay. I look up and see Lydia dangling from the ceiling, she lets out a scream as she falls down next to me.
"Are you okay?" I ask as I sit up.
She lets out a groan as she sits up next to me,"Yeah I'm fine, are you?"
I nod,"Yeah."
We then get up and begin to walk around knowing that Lydia needs to get out of here so we can stop the Beast, before he gets to the pike, or kills anyone else.
We finally find our way to a door, it only leading to our dismay as the locked, and didn't look like it had been unlocked in a long time. As we continue to struggle for the door, I hear a loud metal sound and see Kira's sword poking through the door. I pull Lydia back as Kira cuts the door open, it falling to the floor in front of us.
'Sorry I'm late," Kira says with a smile.
We get out of there and follow Lydia through the tunnels as she listens for any sign of the guys, when we round a corner hearing the surprised voice of Sebastian mutter,"Marie Jeanne"
My eyes widen as I watch Sebastian's claws release from Scott's neck. Scott falls to the ground and shuffles back, eyes still glowing red.
"Mason," Lydia calls out, causing Sebastian to look at the three of us, a confident smirk on his face.
"Ah the Kitsune, a Banshee, and a... Connector. Noelle isn't it? According to Mason's memories you're with the Hellhound. I wonder how he'll feel when I kill his little girlfriend... and child." Sebastian says as he walks slowly towards us.
I stand tall despite my racing heart,"Lydia, now!"
Lydia takes a deep breath and raises her hands as Sebastian transforms into the Beast,"Mason!"
We watch as the Beast falls to its knees, and a cloud of Black fog forms around it. Suddenly out comes Mason from the fog, and Corey appears from the wall, and grabs Mason by his Jacket, pulling him into his arms.
I turn and watch as the Beast remains in fog forms, trying to make its escape of the tunnels. A flash of fire goes by, and Jordan runs up and grabs the Beast, turning to yell Scott's name as his eyes continue to glow bright orange. Scott picks up the pike, and uses all his strength to throw it towards the Beast. The pike impales it in the chest as it lets out a loud shriek, before disappearing to nothing. We all look around at each other, shocked that after everything we've been through, it was finally over. The Dread Doctors are gone, and the Beast is dead. A smile grows on my face as I walk over to Jordan, wrapping his arms around his warm bare waste.
"Is everyone ok?" Scott asks.
Before anyone could answer Their calls out, covered in electricity," Not everyone."
He goes to shock Scott, but Kira is quick to run over, stopping the flow of electricity with her sword, eyes glowing like a fox. "The Skinwalkers have a message for you, Theo. Your sister wants to see you. Fear fills Theo's face for the first time since we met him, as Kira uses Theo's electricity, and stabs her sword into the ground. The ground cracks from Kira to Theo as a dirt covered hand emerges from it. Theo looks down at his pale skinned, dark haired, sister with fear as she looks up at him with cold eyes and hair in front of her face. She grabs his leg and begins to pull him down with her as Theo cries out to Scott, eyes wide with terror as we all stand behind Scott and Kira watching. Once neither of them is visible, the hole closes up as if nothing had ever happened.

I sit down beside Stiles on our dad's couch an hour before school as he puts away all files that have to do with the Dread Doctors and the Beast. He looks over at us and smiles proudly over at us,"You saved their lives. Mason, Malia. Half the population of Beacon Hills. That's got to feel pretty good."
Stiles nods,"It did. For a while."
"But it's something you want to feel again, right." Our dad asks.
"Yeah," Stiles and I reply in unison.
Our dad smiles again,"Welcome to your future career in law enforcement, Stiles. Not you Noelle, maybe the medical field for you."
Stiles looks over at me,"We'd better get going soon."
"I'll meet you there, I have to talk to Dad for a second." I tell him.
He seems to immediately know what I'm going to talk to Dad about and gives me a nod of encouragement before leaving the room.
After watching Stiles walk out of the station, I turn to my dad hesitantly,"Dad, we need to talk, you might want to sit down for this"
He looks at me in confusion,"I'm fine standing, what's going on?"
I stand up and begin to pace,"I've been keeping something from you, something big. And now that the whole Dread Doctor and Beast thing is over, I know I have to tell you, that I need to tell you. I'm pregnant, Dad." A shocked look fills his face, but he remains silent,"Dad, say something, please."
"I'm happy for you, despite the bad timing, and the thought of my little girl growing up, but why did you feel like you couldn't tell me?"
I let out a sigh and sat back down on the couch,"I was scared of what you might say. And with everything that was going on, I didn't want to worry you more."
He sits down next to me on the couch, letting out a sigh,"Your mom was always better at these things than me, but I will always be here for you. It's going to be hard, I'll tell you that now, but I raised you right and you definitely can handle it."
"Thanks dad," I say as he pulls me into a hug.
'This doesn't mean you can start calling me grandpa now, I'm too young for that."

As I get to school, I look around at the same people who only a few short weeks ago were filled with fear and scared to go to school, now act as if nothing had ever happened. It seems as if nothing had ever happened people going about their day as normal. It's if the Dread Doctors were a storm, and it just cleared up.
Stiles and Lydia come to walk beside me.
"But she'll be back. She still has to graduate," Lydia tells Stiles talking about Kira.
"That's the thing, though, I don't know... When we started this school year, I was so stressed about us ending up in the same place when we graduate. But I don't think it matters. You know, we always seem to find each other anyway. Even Allison." Lydia and I stop and look at him in confusion,"He didn't tell you... It was in the tunnels. When Sebastian had his hands around Scott's throat. The guy probably didn't know what he was doing. His claws got into Scott's neck. He was going to kill him, but then he stopped, and he said a name. Marie-Jeanne."
My eyes widen in surprise as we sit down at one of the tables in the newly reconstructed library,"He saw Scott's memories."
"He saw Allison." Stiles replies.
"They must have looked like each other. I mean, maybe exactly like each other." Lydia says from beside me.
Stiles nods,"It gave Scott as chance to break free. She saved him. Allison saved his life."
Scott sits down next to Stiles and pats him on the shoulder. I look around at some of the most important people of my life, and realize that even though we're not all together anymore, we still manage to find our way back to where it all began. I take in this moment of sanity in the chaos that is Beacon Hills, and I know that whatever we face in the future we will do it together.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey guys! Last part of season five, and I can't believe it! I'm so excited for the future of this book and what happens next! Thank you all so much for reading, and please do vote and leave a comment! Thank you!
-S