Chapter 31

~Jacob~

I couldn't get to his flat quicker. It's my second home. It was part of us. Part of the memories. Part of our history. And I left all of that. Because of Ray.

I was sworn at, beeped at, middle fingered at, just to get to Chresanto?. But I didn't care. I needed to reach him as fast as possible.

Fortunately, his door was open. He must've been so upset to not even secure his own home. I shut the door quietly and creep inside. All the lights were turned off, only lit by the dim sun outside. I carefully tiptoed around and opened his bedroom door.

His clothes were all over the place like they've been thrown. His mirror was scratched like his nails clawed at it. There was smudges of blood on the wall from his skin. The room looked like a horror movie.

I bent down and picked up a piece of his clothing that he wore today. I stood there silent, trying to pick up where Chresanto is. I didn't like this at all. I hate not knowing where he is. He would always try to find me; now it's my turn.

I hear small whimpers along with sniffles. They broke my heart knowing who's it is. It grows louder when I come closer to the bathroom.

"Chresanto," I whisper.

I opened the bathroom door up and turned on the light. I see Chresanto curled up, holding his knees as he rocks back and forth. My first reaction was to hold him.

All I wanted and needed to do was hold my entire world in my arms. No one realizes how much I love Chresanto. I don't know think I could ever explain it.

His tears stained my shirt as he wiped them on the crook of my neck. He was crying so hard, which made me cry. It was silence as I rubbed his hair, my lips pressed against his forehead. His body was wet and he was only in his boxers. I didn't ask why. It wasn't my concern. Then I saw his hand.

"What did you do?" I breathe quietly.

"Make myself feel better," he simply answers.

"Let's make a deal. We're done punching walls, okay? I don't and you don't. Deal?" I smile against his soft hair.

He chuckles lightly. "Deal. It hurts."

"Tell me about it. I had to get stitches."

He was calm, but I felt the tension rise when I mentioned my accident.

"What are you doing here, Jacob?" Chresanto whispers.

"I'm so sorry, Chresanto."

"W-what?"

"I love you so much. So much it hurts. And it pained me to walk away from you. I know you were sorry, but it's what I had to do. I thought it was going to help me, but all it did was dig me into a deeper sorrow. Corahn told me you're forfeiting the fight." I backed up a bit to face him, cupping his face with my palms. "Don't do it, Chresanto You're going to fight that son of a bitch and win."

"But why, Jacob?"

I couldn't tell him about what Ray said about killing us both. Yeah, I told Chesanto what he did to me. But he doesn't know it was Ray. Yeah, I'm sitting here telling him to fight him. But when Chresanto puts him into a coma, it won't matter, will it? I can't tell him why, but I can convince him.

"Just please fight. For us. Will you? Will you fight for us?"

"I'll never stop fighting for us."

"Promise?"

"Always."

I smile. "Did you miss me?"

"I think I'd miss you even if we never met, angel. Please don't ever leave me again."

"Please don't ever make me have to." I rest my forehead on his. I missed this. "I love you."

"I love you more than I've ever loved anything."

"You're such a sap," I giggle.

"Oh, shush. Only for you I am." He looks down, frowning. "I'm sorry I ruined your birthday, Jacob."

I shut my eyes. "How did they take you, Chresanto? With all your fighting at all, I'm surprised they got to you."

"There were so many of them.." He explained. "I was shocked myself. I guess Ray is too much of a whimp go face me by himself. They dragged me out and drugged me. Then, everything became a blur and.." Chresanto buried his face in his hands. "Oh God, Jacob. I'm so sorry," he mutters.

"Shhh, it's okay. It's over now."

"Over now.. Those words killed me when you said them. You're mine again, right?"

"I always have been. You're mine and I'm yours," I answer. "Chresanto, will you be my boyfriend? Again?" I ask with a smile.

"Oh man, Jacob. This is so sudden! I don't know. What are your qualifications?" He winks, smirking.

And there's that smile.

"I can do this." I lean in and kiss his lips, deepening it with my tongue. His was so familiar with mine, but his mouth was always a journey I loved exploring. His lips move in sync perfectly while his hands rub the sides of my waist, gripping them lovingly.

He bites me lip, then his while he smiles. "Yes, Jacob. I will. No question. I love you, angel."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

I put my hands on his collarbones and push him down slowly, climbing on top of him. I grab the sides of his neck and kiss him sweetly.

"Okay, let's settle this. Who's a better kisser, me or Ray?" I taunt.

He growls and flips me over with no hesitation, rubbing his leg against mine. "Never speak of it."

"Agreed. By the way, why are you in your boxers? Waiting for me?" I cheekily ask.

"I wish I could say yes. But I rinsed off my body to calm myself down. I went a bit.. Psycho?" He said, trying to find the right word.

"I noticed. Your room was quite scary," I note.

He slaps my arm playfully. "I know it is. But I'm going to clean it. I never want to remember the reason I was mad," he says.

"I'll help you. We can clean it together. It's like.. Starting over. Put everything behind us."

"I'd like that."

"Yeah.. Me too."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

FINISH THE GAME FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.

AND GET THE CORRECT ANSWERS TOO

~Belle~