Chapter 30

~Jacob~

Corahn wanted me to talk about it. He tried to ease the pain. Even tried convincing me to go back and talk to him. But he doesn't understand. He will never understand how hurt and confused I am. I don't think he ever could. I shut him out.

When he walks me in and hugs me goodbye, I grab his wrist, realizing how extremely lonely I'll be. I didn't want to me alone.

"Please stay."

He plopped on the couch next to me. I was glad it was silent. I was even happier when he didn't bring up Chresanto. I would lose it right here and now if he did.

Chresanto... I remember this one time I was in the worst possible mood and he did everything in his power to change that. Slapped himself, made funny faces, and shoved a banana in his face. That cracked me up. He kissed me with a smile just because I finally did. He always knew how to make me feel better.

The memories screamed in my mind. I burst out in tears and Corahn holds me, patting my back in comfort. I hate that he has to see me like this. I hated when I cried to mum about Ray Of course, I never told her what really happened. I always said it was nothing. She didn't believe me. I didn't believe myself.

Loud pounding of the door interrupted my thoughts, making my head snap up. "Who's that?"

"This is your flat! How should I know?" Corahn blabbers.

"Oh, get it, will you?" I smug.

"Oh, fine." He stands up and opens the door. "Chr-"

"Where is he? I know he's here!" I hear a familiar voice holler.

"Chresanto, you need to leave. Give him space, man! He needs it!"

"Get the fuck away, Corahn!" Chresanto tries to push past him, but Corahn holds him back, causing Chresanto to fume as he spots me. "Jacob, angel, please don't do this. Please. I'm so sorry for what I did. You know I didn't mean any of it! I love you so much, please."

I stand up. "Corahn, stop."

He drops his grip on Corahn and steps back, watching us intently still. "Be careful," he mouths.

I step up closer to Chresanto, keeping some of my distance from him. "You need to leave, Chresanto."

"Jacob, can't you see I need you in my life? I can't just leave! I've been going mad without you with me. I've never been so lost in my entire life. You don't realize how much you mean to me. You're my prince. My angel. My everything. Just please come back. Come back to me, Jacob."

"If.. You really loved me.. You wouldn't have done that to me.." I whimper.

"I do love you, Jacob. You must know that."

I was all over the place. My emotions, I mean. I hated Chresanto last night. I hated him today. But I know I didn't. I love him. Watching him stand in front of me, his eyes blood shot from what seemed he was crying for hours, made me see I was still deeply in love with him. I guess I never really stopped, to be honest.

I beckoned him to come closer. He stepped baby inches, and I enclosed our space. I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling a drip fall on his shoulder. His body tensed up, but he hugged me back, melting into my warmth.

"I love you, Chresanto. But you need to give me time. If its days. Weeks. Months. Maybe even years. Hell, it could be one minute. But if you love me, you'll wait. But you need to let me go for now."

"If that's what I need to do, then i'll wait an eternity for you. Everything from last night was a mistake, Jacob. But us making love and opening up to each other wasn't. None of it was. And it never will be." He squeezed me tighter. "I can never let you go. Please don't give up on me. Please don't give up on us. I love you."

His hot breath tickled my neck as I breathed heavily. "You need to go."

I backed away from him and turned my body, sniffling roughly. Corahn pushed him out as Chresanto struggled, screaming out to me.

"Jacob! Jacob!

Don't run away when you know i'll find you!"

Corahn mumbled some things to him that I couldn't understand, and so did Chresanto. The door slammed and I hear tires screech against the pavement.

"Jacob," Corahn breathes.

"Don't."

"Jacob. He's forfeiting the fight."

"What?"

"The fight between him and Ray, he's dropping it. He wanted me to tell you that."

Everything started to connect in my brain.

Ray.

Ray did this. He did this to me on purpose to hurt me. He knew I would hate Chresanto for it! And he knew Chresanto would react like that and drop the fight!

All to win a fucking title!

How could I have been so naïve?

That son of a bitch!

I grab my keys as push past Corahn.

"CHRESANTO!".

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Well

yea

short

......

yup

~Belle~