Chapter 20

~Chresanto~

I wake up to a low hummed snore. Jacob's curls tickle my face and I blow them out of the way, causing him to jolt.

"Calm down. It's just me," I assure him.

His body rises a little and I hear a crack. "My neck is killing me. That bed is so stiff," he says, rolling his head side to side.

"Tell me about it. Hotel beds can be such a pain." I sit upright and yawn as I stretch. My eyes squint at the bright sun rising in the morning. "Oh my God."

"What?" Jacob follows my eyes and stands there mesmerized. "Would you look at that."

The view was absolutely incredible. It was the beach. The ocean blue water, the brown dusty sand, everything about it was gorgeous.

"How did we not see this before?" I ask, still stunned by its enchanting beauty.

"We were pretty out of it last night," Jacob guesses. He looks at me, smiling with a tinted blush.

I blink, meeting my stare with his. "Wanna go today?"

"Yeah!"

"Great! Let's eat first. I'm starved," I say, rubbing my stomach.

"I'll call room service," Jacob offers, picking up the phone.

I now my head and step into the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and fighting off my messy bed head, I come out and see Jacob sitting on the bed with his head hanging low.

"Jacob? What's wrong?"

He looks up and presses his lips together, making it a straight line. "Who's on this trip?"

"Hmm.. Corahn, Ray, and a couple other people I believe. Not many." Jacob's face turned pale as his eyes widened. "Are you okay?" I ask.

He collects himself and makes his back straight instead of hunched. "Y-yeah. I'm good. Just.. Hungry is all."

Something in my gut makes me not believe a word he's saying. But Jacob wouldn't lie to me. Would he?

"Room service!" A woman says, knocking on the door.

"I'll get it," I murmur, still a bit confused. I take my wallet with me and open the door, seeing a small woman with a cart of food.

"Good morning!" She chirps. "That will be ten euros."

I take the amount out and hand it to her, giving her a fake smile. "Thank you."

"You have a lovely day!" She hands me the food and pushes her cart as she leaves.

She was way to peppy. Or I'm just being moody. What was up Jacob? He wasn't smiling like he usually does. I love his smile.. It breaks my heart to see him frown.

"That smells good," Jacob pipes up.

"Let's dig in, then." I set down the plates and grab a couple forks, handing him one.

"How is it?" Jacob asks me as I chew my food.

"Really good."

"Good."

And here comes the awkwardness. This is going to be a long day.

-----------

"Are you ready yet?" I ask, looking in the mirror. My swimming trunks looked good on me. I just wish I was more fit. I've always felt a bit insecure about my body. I always worked out, but I could never get those wash board abs.

"Yeah."

I turn around and see Jacob in his trunks. He has long, perfect legs with a six pack. I just want to lick them one by one. But I held back my urges.