Part Eleven

"Hey hey hey!" Katie snapped her fingers and I shivered. "Hold on!" She yelled and got up. I saw her run to the house with Jenny and I closed my eyes. She hurriedly came back with a towel and wrapped me around it.

    "I-I can't feel m-my bo-body." I stuttered and she helped me up. "Whe-Where's J-J-Jenny?" I stuttered and she helped me inside.

"Jackie just came for her." She said and shut the door. My body felt like it was on fire. "Cmon." She said and pulled me upstairs. She shoved me in her room and turned on her large shower. She pushed me in and turned on the hot water. I stood there shivering as the water hit my body and I shook. The water didn't feel hot it just like water and I put my head against the tile. "How are you feeling? Are you okay?" She asked and I laughed.

    "I just fell through ice in the middle of winter Katie." I said and she laughed a bit. We stood there for a bit until she turned off the shower and wrapped me again in a towel.

"I kinda love you right now." She said and rubbed her hands up and down my arms and I smiled.

    "You better." I said and she laughed. She cupped my cheeks and kissed my lips. She rubbed her thumb on the bottom of my lip and sighed.

"You're so cold." She whispered and I laughed. "Oh my god!" She gasped and picked up my hand. My knuckles were bleeding and cracked. "Here change while I got get the first aid kit." She said and handed me clothes. I took off my shirt and changed in a wool sweater and long fluffy sweatpants. She came back and pushed me to lay down. I hissed when she grabbed a cotton ball and put some rubbing alcohol on it. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She said and I smiled. After she bandaged up my hand she cuddled with my shivering body. "I was serious earlier, about....kinda loving you." She whispered and I smiled.

    "I kinda love you too." I whispered and she looked up at me.

"Really?" She asked kind of surprised.

    "Yes, you're beautiful, and funny, and so incredibly smart, and adorable, and so....fucking amazing." I whispered and she blushed and looked down. I heard her sniffle and she looked up at me with tears coming down her face. "I'm-I'm sorry I-I-I." I stuttered and she laughed.

"It's not you...I just.....no one has ever called me beautiful and no one has ever made me feel....this way." She whispered and I smiled. I was right, she knew how to make a girl fall in love. "How are you feeling?" She asked and I shrugged which made her pull me closer to her. She had her arms wrapped around my stomach while she laid on her side. I was laying on my back and my hand was on her lower back trailing up and down. Sometimes stopping to draw designs. I was just as lost as she was in our situation. In every relationship, both partners are both lost. Doesn't matter if it's at the beginning or the end.

"Do you ever think of the future?" I asked hesitantly and she nodded and played with the hem of my sweater. "What about it?" I continued and she rubbed her hand on my stomach.

"I know I want to be a producer, California is the best place for that. I know you've talked about California a bit." She said and I nodded and stopped at her hip to draw circles.

"Chef. I'm thinking UCLA. But I'm not pushing you to go to California whatsoever." I said and she sat up. She looked down at me with an adoring smile and traced my jaw.

"I know you're not. I want UCLA too." She said and I smiled. "But I'll only go if you promise to cook every night." She continued and I laughed.

"You know exactly how to ruin the mood, you commit to it." I teased and sat up so I was resting on my elbows. She threw her head back and chuckled, she looked at me with the same wide smile and shook her head before tilting my head up a bit and kissing her. She wrapped both arms around my neck and I smiled, such a tingly feeling from something so little.