Chapter 14

A year later

"What are you doing?" Lucy asks as she watches Camila cautiously.

Camila looks up and grins. "I'm finishing an assignment in my criminal law class."

Lucy nodded slowly, watching Camila with narrowed eyes. "Have you seen Lauren today?" She asked as she dropped her bag on the floor beside the door. She slipped off her shoes and walked over to the table, sliding into the chair beside Camila.

Nodding her head, the younger girl continues what she's doing.

"How is she?" Lucy asked slowly, she slipped off her jacket and hung it over the chair.

"She's okay, she wants to try for a baby because we lost the last one." Camila says softly, she figured telling Lucy the truth was better than lying.

Lucy froze in her chair for a brief moment. She nodded slowly but didn't respond to the statement. "Hayley wants to know if you'll be at her wedding?"

Putting her pen down, Camila looks up at Lucy. "Is that a good idea?"

"Why wouldn't it be? She was your best friend and she wants you there." Lucy said.

"After what I did? I don't know if I should and plus Lauren needs me right now." Camila responds softly.

"After what you did?" Lucy asked confused.

Nodding, the younger girl bites her lip. "When I accused you of cheating with her."

"That was ages ago. She doesn't even know." Lucy responded. "I never told her."

Swallowing thickly, Camila turns to look at Lucy. "I'll go if you're my date."

"Why wouldn't I be your date?" Lucy asked.

The younger girl shrugs and grabs Lucy's hand.

"You can ask Lauren if she wants to come. I'm sure Hayley wouldn't mind." Lucy said.

Camila doesn't respond, her focus on playing with the ring on Lucy's finger.

Lucy leaned back in the chair and sighed.

"I love you." The younger girl says softly.

"I love you too." Lucy said with a soft smile.

Looking up, Camila smiles at Lucy before shifting nervously. "Would you get mad if I helped Lauren?"

"Helped her with what?" Lucy asked, confused.

"Get pregnant, she doesn't want her kids to have a different parent." Camila says slowly.

"Um..." Lucy swallowed. "Can I think about it?" She asked gently.

Nodding her head, Camila moves closer and looks into her eyes. "I've been thinking about getting that dog you want."

"The dog?" Lucy asked. "Can we afford one? Do we have room for a dog?"

"You wanted a dog two weeks ago, so I was thinking about getting it." Camila responds with a soft smile.

"Yeah, I want a dog but we don't have the money for it or the space, unless you have some master plan to get money." Lucy said.

"Actually, I do. Lauren. She's working as an elementary school teacher... I was thinking about asking her and Alice to move in with us... if that's okay?" Camila said cautiously.

"What?!" Lucy asked, completely shocked.

Biting her lip, Camila shifts and takes a deep breath. "I was thinking about asking Lauren and Alice to move in with us."