The short girl stuck her tongue out before she turned around and ran down the hallway. Her bare feet were stomping on the wooden floor and I was left looking after her in bewilderment. I shook my head and debated on what to do. I wasn't sure if I wanted to follow this strange short girl, but I also didn't feel like staying in this house for too long and risk running in to my grandmother. I was still traumatised after the encounter we had yesterday. 

Her place was nothing but a small restaurant once and I remembered from my past summers spent on the island that it was usually empty. It seemed like the sudden grow of the town helped her too, because she managed to turn it in to a proper inn, with guests, employees and everything. I wasn't that worried about helping her with her business at first, because I thought it was still the same and I wouldn't have to do anything but sit around her restaurant and wait for hours in case a costumer would show up. Now I didn't even want to imagine all the work that had to be done in a giant place like that and she confirmed my worst fears by greeting me with a cleaning rag that she threw in my face. It was followed by a bottle of soap that hit me right next to the spot that was already hurt by the football of the children from the port. 

'' You're an employee. ''

'' Grandma- ''

'' That would be lady manager for you. ''

I cringed and my eyebrow started twitching in annoyance.

There were two types of grandmothers in this world. The first one made sure you were always well fed and they had pockets full of candy. Then there was the second type of grandmothers that were never satisfied with anything that you did, were certain that you were the only teenager that liked to be lazy and demanded respect above all. It wasn't tough to figure out which image fit mine more, specially when she walked around her inn, took drags from her cigarette and observed everyone with eagle eyes that noticed every tiny mistake that you did.

'' I've been sent here involuntary, '' I tried to reason of her, but she clearly didn't want to listen.

She was looking at me with a blank expression on her face. '' I don't care. You are here now, so you are going to have to work. ''

I sighed and muttered to myself: '' I wish the work was imaginary like my paycheck. ''

Her hearing wasn't even nearly as bad as my sister's and her fingers immediately clenched in to fists at the sound of my annoyed remark. '' You get a roof above your had, food and even some pocket money and that's not enough for you? Did your parents really raise you to be so spoiled?! Anyway, any mistakes that you might make will be deducted from your pay. ''

'' My non-existent pay? '' I couldn't help it but to snap in response and shake my head in disbelief. '' Are you planning to make me sleep on the street if I'll accidentally break something? ''

I shook my head and snapped out of my thoughts. I rushed out of the inn that was slowly beginning to wake up and come to life and instantly slowed down when I saw Haneul. She was at the entrance of the property, there was a yellow bicycle on the ground next to her and she was talking with no one else than Baekhyun. The blonde haired guy was grinning at her, the two of them were making strange movements with their arms and looking like two crazy people. I debated going past them and making my way down the street by myself, when Haneul pointed at me and screamed in accusation: '' She is the one that was mocking me about my height this morning! ''

'' I didn't even say anything about your height- '' I seriously began, but she interrupted me before I could even finish my sentence.

Her eyes grew wide and she said: '' See? She totally thinks she is better than me! ''