I can feel the uncomfortable movements of my classmates as they tried to keep their remarks at bay.

"Hate me if you like but I am who I am. And it is what it is. I do not teach to please. I do not sugarcoat my words either.I'm frank but I'm not evil. In my class, slacking is not an option. Work hard and you'll get what you deserve." She stopped and peered at us from her glasses .

"Do I make myself clear?" she asked,
her voice penetrating the room like ice.

"Yes Miss." We replied , a symphony of monotonic voices frozen in fear.

"Good."

After an agonizing hour, a chorus of comments sprouted like wildfire when Ms. Holland departed our room.
We had our own.

"That was intense." Lauren was the first one to break the silence .

"Her name doesn't do her any justice.She nearly scared the living soul out of me. I'm traumatized. " Mason ranted. His face contorted in a scowl that might as well match Ms. Hollands permanent facial reaction.

"Well yeah, she's pretty intimidating even for me. " Ally remarked while comfortably leaning against my shoulders.

I already told her that she could bring a pillow if she wanted something to snuggle. But her replies were always the same.

'You're way more comfortable' she says.

"She ain't that bad." Cindy jumped in the conversation and they were all flabbergasted with her comment.

Their reactions were really funny. I couldn't help but smile at my friends.

We're an odd group. We have our own personalities, our own opinions and beliefs.It offered something totally unique and irreplaceable.

Something that made us who we are.

"Cin, are you nuts.That woman is basically the embodied form of my nightmare." Nicole commented, finally looking up from her phone.

"Well maybe we should give her a chance." She tried again but Nicole immediately replied.

"Nu-uh, ain't happening." She said as she went back scrolling through her phone.

My friends continued their discussion as well as my classmates.

It was obvious that they hated her.

I didn't.

I'm more in the middle.

Yes, she must've been brutal with a cane if we were born in a different century but that doesn't make her a monster.

She's just another person who happens to be our teacher.

And honestly, she doesn't scare me.

I'm not terrified.

---

Ally couldn't drive me home. She said that her grandfather had something to discuss with her. She was so bummed out about leaving me so I assured her that it was okay.

She ended up asking Lauren to drive me home though.

I'm not complaining . It's just that being with her makes me feel ... helpless.

She buckled her seatbelt and I tried strapping mine too.It just wouldn't budge.

"Let me get that." She reached forward and I froze.

Her face was incredibly close to mine.
I tried not to, but my eyes were already fixed on hers.

"You're staring." She said.

Lauren looked up and caught me watching her. I looked away and
she chuckled.

"No I'm not. " I lied. It was really embarrassing. My face even turned a couple of shades brighter.

I didn't mean to stare.

"I was staring at nothing in particular."

Ugh

Why am I such a bad liar? It sucks.

"Sure." She chuckled as she successfully strapped me in place.

"You really haven't changed at all." She commented.

What did she mean by that?

That caught my attention and I felt the need to turn my gaze back to her.

I was met by her hazel eyes. But this time, I actually held her gaze.

Seeing her like that and actually peering through her eyes reminded my heart of all the reasons why I fell in love with her.

I'm not sure if she noticed. I don't even know if she cared but then she broke our gaze and pulled away.

"Sor-ry." I said. She gave me a reassuring smile and then started the car.

I looked out the window and tried not to think about what happened.

Because I understood then that there was something stirring within me, as it had so many years ago. Being this close to Lauren made me feel it. And as I looked at her once again I knew it.
For the first time in years.

I'm terrified.

~~~

Vote

Comment

Send me your thoughts !

(What do you think? )

Thank you for your support guys. I'm really overwhelmed. This book just ranked #644 in romance a few days ago and it's all thanks to you guys. Y'all are amazing. <3

*Sending virtual hugs