Safe and Sound

Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back.

---

"For you I'd wait." I read the card attached to the rose that has been sent to me this morning.

I've been receiving roses ever since the day Ally confessed to me and I'm feeling really overwhelmed.

"Another one? " Mason asked as he suddenly popped right in front of me with a mouthful of chips.

"Yeah. " I replied. This is actually the fifth rose I received this week.

"Dude, she got it bad for you. "He chuckled. "Now that I think about it. You must be the reason why she turned all of her admirers down."

"We're just friends.You know that. "I simply stated.

He scrunched his face the moment he heard what I said and fished another handful of chips from his bag.

"I can't believe you're making her wait. I mean look at her. She's perfect. And besides she's your best friend. Why not give it a shot? "

I'm really tired of people asking me that question.

"It's complicated. " I said as I placed the rose inside my locker and continued walking towards our next class.

"Hey, wait up." He said as he ran after me.

"By the way, where's Allison? I'm surprised she's not with you." he chuckled. He's right though. We're inseparable. But she's been busy with school affairs lately.

"She's helping the student council for the upcoming foundation day. "

"Oh. "

Since her family owns the school it's her responsibility to be involved. And besides she's with Cindy so I'm at ease.

"Why are you bothering me anyway? Shouldn't you be at your practice? " I stopped and questioned him.

He's extra nosy today. I wonder what's up with him.

"Oh right. The thing is... I kinda pissed Nicole earlier and I'm kinda avoiding her wrath for the time being. " he scratched his neck. I chuckled.

"She's always pissed with you so what's new? "

"Umm. I may or may not 'accidentally' kissed another girl in front of her earlier. " He said nervously. I'm not surprised. It's bound to happen somehow.

"Don't worry I'll make sure your funeral's ready." his face went pale.

"It's not my fault though. That girl suddenly kissed me. I have no way of knowing. " he defended himself.

I chuckled.

It's cute how they're not together and yet they're already acting like a married couple.

-

"Erin honey, can you go and look for the old acoustic guitar in the storage room?I've seen it there somewhere and I was hoping that we can find it a new home."our music teacher -Mrs. Poppy announced.

She's already in her fifties and she's a really cool teacher . She's the one who taught me how to play the guitar, the cello and the piano.

"No problem ma'am."I gave her a salute which earned a lengthy chuckle from her.

"I'll be right back. "I said as I made my way towards the storage room located near the gym.

Once I arrived the door was open. The smell of dust and stale air welcomed me.