Let Her Go

Did you know I always thought you were braver than me? Did you ever guess that that was why I was so afraid? It wasn't that I only loved some of you. But I wondered if you could ever love more than some of me. -Pan

Lauren's POV

Allison helped us out of the storage room.If it weren't for her we would've spent the night in the darkness. To tell you the truth, I was really scared. The prospect of being left in that room terrifies me, that's why I'm really grateful to have Erin by my side.

It was always her who protected me and made me feel safe.She made me feel less afraid.

She was my safe place and I was hers.

Was

I didn't know what to do when I saw her again in the arcade. I was ashamed of myself. I was mad at myself for leaving her and breaking her heart.

I hurted her because I was a coward.
--
Two years ago

It was my 16th birthday and everyone was there.My relatives, my clasmates, my friends, people I do not really know and of course there's Erin.

She smiled at me when she saw me.I smiled back. The kind of smile that was only meant for the both of us.

I  was wearing a simple blue dress that flowed down my body in waves.I looked at her and she's wearing a lady suit that matched mine.Her hair was up in a crown. She looked really beautiful and handsome at the same time. It's just hard not to admire her beauty.

She went up the stairs and greeted me.
'Happy birthday my lady" she said as she bowed like some sort of knight.I chuckled because of what she did.

It was meant as a joke because of how much I hated the formality of my birthday every year . But don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the effort my father invested for this day.

'Wanna take me out of here?'I suggested. I really want to take a break from the grandeur of this evening and just be with the person who matters the most in my heart.

"Sure. Treehouse?'she asked.I nodded in agreement.

She held my hand and directed me towards the only spot where there's no one around .We managed to climb the wall with the help of the big old tree growing just beside it. Once we were on the other side we run like there's no tomorrow .But then my heels started to wobble.

She had to carry me on her back when my feet started to ache.

'What have you been eating lately? You're really heavy "she complaned.

"You can't complain.It's my birthday today, remember?"I used my card against hers and she chuckled.

We're just now walking in a steady pace and I can smell her intoxicating scent as I rested my head in her shoulder. I love how her scent comforts me. It feels like home.

"I'm just joking.I'll carry you anywhere if you want to.Whatever the stakes are. No matter what. " She said which warmed my heart.There's that thing about her.She doesn't realize it yet but she can really sway you with her words even if she didn't mean to.

We went quiet after that.She just carried me until the treehouse loomed infront of us.

She brought me down and we both climbed the wooden stairs.

"Finally"I said as we arrived at the top.
Erin fixed the blankets as we laid there and watched the stars together.

"Lau" she whispered my name which earned my attention.