"Hi." He said with a small smile.

"Hey, ready to go?" I asked and he nodded.

We walked to my truck and climbed in. I left the radio sort of quiet just in case Luke wanted conversation. We were nearly downtown before either of us spoke.

"Where are we going?" Luke asked and our eyes met.

"Bowling." I answered proudly.

"Bowling? I've never been bowling before." Luke said and I laughed softly.

"Well there is a first time for everything huh?" I said as we pulled into the parking lot at the bowling alley.

I held the door open for Luke as we made our way to rent shoes. I paid of course, like a gentleman you see in all those sappy movies. We picked balls which made us both laugh like the immature teenagers we were, and then we started our game. I won two games and Luke won the last but he was able to win without the little bumper things. We teased and bantered back and forth during the games and even made a bet that the loser (of best two out of three) bought the winner fries.

"Well Mr. Hemmings, looks like you owe me some fries." I joked and Luke glared at me. We made our way to the little grill after we changed into our street shoes and Luke went to order the food.

He walked over to the table I was waiting at with two cups and a plate of fries. I sipped at my soda and popped a few fries in my mouth while Luke played with his straw. I pushed the plate over to him and forced him to take some fries which he did. Once we cleared our plate and emptied our sodas, we left the bowling alley. Out of impulse I grabbed Luke's hand. At first he seemed tense but then he relaxed and laced our fingers together. I smiled at him and he smiled back as we headed towards my truck.

We drove along the road with Fall Out Boy on the radio and Luke singing along softly. We were almost to the cliff but it was along a dirt road through a little bit of the woods. I stumbled across the cliff when I first moved here, one night when I ran away from all the screaming at my house.

"Where are we?" Luke asked looking out the window. I opened the door and he followed me out of the truck.

"You will just have to see." I said and walked through the trees to the cliff. Luke followed and took in a deep breath when he saw the view. It overlooked the whole city and you could see every light.

I took a seat in a log and so did Luke. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, just breathing in the solitude.

"How'd you find this?" Luke asked and looked at me. His innocent blue eyes were staring right through me and I decided I could give him a little insight into who I was.

"One night when my parents were fighting and I ran away from home, that's how I found it. I moved here about 6 years ago with my mum and her douche bag husband." I explained through gritted teeth at the mention of my "parents."

"He's not your dad?" Luke asked.

"No, my dad is dead." I explained and Luke tensed.

"Mine is too." Luke said and my head snapped over to look at him.

"Luke I'm so sorry." I said with my hand rested on his shoulder.

"That's why when you brought up the Green Day concert I freaked out because he died that night Ashton." He said and I felt a lump in my throat.

"I'm so sorry." I had no idea what else to say.

"It's all my fault anyway, I asked him to take me to that concert and we got into an argument because he wanted me to play football like Jack and the other car hit us." Luke was rambling with tears rolling down his face.