Colt stood by the table in a pair of faded jeans and royal blue V-neck sweater. He was dressed for this fancy dinner!

I covered my face in embarrassment and smiled slightly through my hands; "I'm so not dressed for this."

I peeked through my fingers at Colt who was approaching me slowly.

"Hey." He took my hands in his and removed them from my face. "You look beautiful no matter what you wear," he smiled.

A shy smile played in the corners of my lips. Then he did something I didn't see coming; he leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

Oh wow, look at that! The floor is wooden, interesting.

Colt chuckled at my reaction, which was red cheeks and biting my bottom lip nervously.

"Come on, let's eat," he said and started walking backwards towards the table.

He pulled out the chair for me like a gentleman and sat down across from me.

I smiled at him, which he gladly returned.

"So, this formal party you're invited to. Where is it?" I asked.

I cut a meatball and dipped it in sauce along with a little spaghetti, let the smell find its way up to my nose before I put the fork into my mouth.

I surprised myself when I let out a moan of delight. It was delicious!

"Do you like it?" Colt smiled, clearly amused about my reaction to his cooking.

"Yes, it's delicious! Where did you learn to cook?" I said, while cutting another meatball.

"Mom," he shrugged with a smile. "But about the party, there's something you should know."

The sudden change of tone in his voice scared me.

"It's at Lisanna's place, it's her dad's birthday," he looked down at his food.

I sighed heavily and finished my glass of water, giving him the silent treatment.

He knows Lisanna and I can't stand each other. Yet he's bringing me to her house, on her dad's birthday. He's soon gonna have to bury his poor pet somewhere!

"Come on, don't be like that. You'll stay by my side all the time, no one's gonna hurt you," he said.

Refilling my glass while looking at him with raised eyebrows. He nodded to himself as if he just understood something.

"I'll keep Lisanna away from you," he finally added. "But."

There had to be a 'but'!

I put my lips on the glass and just held it like that for a few seconds before taking a long sip.

"You'll have to listen to whatever I say, and I have to have the leash on you. And since it's his house he's free to do whatever he wants, so if you misbehave, he'll be the one punishing you.." he trailed off.

The word 'punish' made me choke on my water. I coughed like a manic and put my glass down, holding one hand on the table and the other on my chest.

Every second and minute from the whipping played in my head. His laugh. The pain. The strong smell of my own blood. All the fear.

"Gwen, are you okey?" he asked concerned and stood to walk over to me.

I was holding my head in my hands, trying my best to suppress the memory. It had burned itself into my mind. The fear of complete darkness and loneliness. His satisfied smirk the day after.

As if someone just turned back time I see his shadow beside me, the whip in his hand. The stone floor underneath me and the stone walls surrounding me.

He raises his hand, swings it at my back and I scream.

I scream in fear, covering my ears to avoid my own scream. My body starts to tremble, twisting and turning in pain. The tears starts to form in the corners of my eyes.

"Gwen. Gwen! It's okey, it's okey, no one's hurting you, shush. Relax, no one's gonna hurt you. It's okey, I'm here."

After a few seconds of calming my breath and pulse, I slowly open my eyes.

I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes to my surroundings. Everything's so big right now. Why?

"It's okey, I'm here. You're safe," Colt's voice said.

When I relaxed my body and let go of the fabric squeezed in my hand, I find myself in Colt's arms on the floor. The fabric in my hand was his sweater, I must have in my panicked state taken a hold of it.

I'm seated sideways between his legs and he's holding me tight to his body. Protecting me against any possible harm.

He's keeping his hands away from my back, but his right hand is rubbing soothingly on my thigh while his left one is snaked over my shoulders.

I'm too tired to even say anything, so I just kept holding the fabric of his sweater between my fingers.

His smell's like a drug and I relax into his body, letting myself drift off to wonderland.

Vanilla and a slight hint of macadamia filled my nostrils. He even smells good.

His arm went under my legs and he stood up with me in his arms like a princess.

"Let's get you to bed now," he whispered into my hair.

----------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this one and that it was worth the wait! :3

Please comment, vote and share <3