Capture the Sheep

Hello! I am at my cottage and its freezing cold. Which is wrong because it's July.  So I have written this today.  I hope you like it but it's a little long but I thought the length was necessary.

Thanks for reading.  Hope you enjoy!

***

I dip my pointer fingure and my middle finger in the paint and swipe two red lines under my eyes.  Then, with the same paint, I dip a brush into it and coat it on Toothless to give hime a strip on his legs, wings and face.  The colon tribe calls this racing paint.  It's like team colors except the teams is a  dragon and their rider.

Toothless and my color is red, to match my red and white shield.  We also have matching red viking faces.  Mine on my shoulder pad and Toothless' on his make-shift tail wing.

Today, however, we aren't racing.  Astrid, I and the rest of the gang are going to be competing in what we like to call "Capture the Sheep", it's kind of like Capture the Flag.

"Ready bud?" I ask Toothless as I swing my peg leg over the saddle to sit on his back. 

Toothless answers swith a wiggle of his tail, readjustment to his feet and the sound of his familar voice. 

I have already decided not to wear my mask that I wear while discovering new lands with Toothless. But I do wear my usual wooden and brown leather armor with my green shirt and pants underneith, and my brown boot on my right foot that slips into the girdle of the saddle.

***

(Astrid's POV):

I walk to the stables with Ruffnut. 

"You are going to lose," Ruffnut jokes fiddling with her viking helmet.

"Oh please," I laugh, "Stormfly and I are going to kick butt."

"Psh, Hiccup doesn't give you the sheep," Ruffnut smiles.

I look at Ruffnut and her blond braided hair, "True but Hiccup makes me wrestle for it.  He makes it fun."

Ruffnut scrunches up her face, "Gross!"

"Well I don't like things handed to me," I say, "I like to work for them.  Unlike you.  You just have Fishlegs and Snoutlout hand you everything."

"And that's the way I like it," Ruffnut laughs.

***

We are all lined up.  The first in line is Hiccup and Toothless, Stormfly and me.  Third was Fishlegs and his dragon Meatlug.  The twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut sat on their two headed dragon Barf and Belch after Fishlegs.  Finally Snotlout and his dragon Hookfang where last in line.

Our faces and dragons where all covered in racing paint.  Our game faces where on and challenges where being made while waiting for the horn that signals us to begin.  I look at Hiccup.  He is smiling at me and smiles.  His green eyes are bright with excitment.  The scar on his chin is so familiar to me just like his cute freckles that dot his face. 

I am so intent on drinkimg in his face that I don't even hear the horn. 

"Come on Stormfly!" I order my dragon and she takes off.

***

(Hiccup's POV):

Toothless is the first one to fly.  We zip through the homes, tress and other objects that are in our path.  Toothless flies while I look for the black sheep. 

I sneek a peak behind my shoulder and see the others close behind, determination on all their faces, the only face I don't see it Astrid's.  The others beginning into disperse looking all for the same thing.  I look back at the ground and in the corner of my eye I see a blur spotted wing.