Chapter 8

a/n Sorry I haven't updated in a while, we have testing at my school.

Modern AU

James's POV

I parked my car, got out, and sighed.

I started walking to the counselors lounge at the summer camp I'd be working at for the next 3 weeks.

When I finally got to the lounge, I was greeted by a bald man at the entrance.

"Hello, I'm George Washington. I'm the head of camp. I've never seen you before, so I'm going to assume (never assume!!) you're new."

"Um... Yeah. My name's James Madison."

George looked at his clipboard. "Ah, there you are! You'll be at camp site No. 5 with Thomas Jefferson!"

He gave me directions and a map and was on my way, lugging my luggage behind me.

When I finally got there, there was a man about my age with poofy hair with a clipboard. He was talking to a kid with arguably poofier hair and freckles.

I walked up to him as the kid ran off towards the cabins.

"Um, hi, I'm new here, my name's James Madison, are you Thomas Jefferson?"

The man looked up and I got my first good look at him. He was... stunning! Beautiful eyes I could spend hours lost in, and his lips...wow. I shook myself mentally. I was here for summer camp, not romance!

"That's me! But you can call me Mac n'Cheese!"

What? I looked at him funny. "Mac n'Cheese?"

He laughed. "That's my camp name! You know, a silly little nickname everyone calls you! Your new, so your gonna need to make one up."

"Uhh," I said, "I'm not very good at naming"

He laughed. His laugh was like sunshine! "Well it's a good thing I am! I'll think of one soon, don't worry."

He went back to checking kids in and whatnot, when all of a sudden, I started coughing and sneezing.

After this fit was over, and I had apologized for my allergies, Thomas lit up.

"I know the perfect camp name for you! Sniffles!" And with that, I became Sniffles.

$$$timeskip cuz I'm lazy$$$

A week later, I was going to bed for the night when Thomas came up to me.

"There's a spider on my bed, James, can I sleep with you?"

Now I had seen Thomas kill a lot of spiders. He had a reputation as a go to person when there was a spider.

"Thomas, that's a lie and you know it."

Thomas pouted. "Pwease?" He said, pleading with his puppy dog eyes.

I sighed. "Get in."

Thomas got in and laid right next to me. I laid there, staring at his face, taking in every detail, when suddenly he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

He nestled his head on my shoulder. "Your warm James" he whispered.

As I was searching my mind for a response, he kissed me.

At first I was shocked, but then I kissed back, pressing myself against him.

All of a sudden I heard snickers. I freaked and accidentally pushed Thomas off the bed. There was a group of kids standing in the doorframe. One was holding a camera.

The kid turned the camera off and yelled "BLACKMAIL!" before running off, taking the rest of the kids with him. I heard a voice in the distance yell "Sorry!"

I sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. All of a sudden, Thomas pushed me on the bed.

"Are you gonna give up that easily, Sniffles?"

We never selpt in separate beds again.

a/n here's a list of all the camp names no one asked for:

* Peggy-PegLeg

*Eliza-Cinnimon Roll

*Angelica-La Feminista

*John Laurens-Gay Turtle

*Hercules Mulligan-SpyGuy

*Lafayette-Baguette

*Alexander Hamilton-Writy McWrity Pants

*Samuel Seabury-Bishop

*George III- King

*Charles Lee-Wheee!(Srsly he picked that as his name)

*Aaron Burr-A A Ron

I think that's everyone. BYE!!😎😎