Dancing

Sportacus let out a quivered breath. His heart pounded so hard from the fright that his crystal popped out from its cartridge.
"I think you've dropped something." Jenny's voice sounded like it came from behind him. He turned to see her standing over him with his crystal in her hand, "You scared me to death. I thought you were burned."
"That was the problem when I first started learning it." Jenny sat back down and placed his crystal back in the slot. "I ended up with a lot of burns from learning how to dance with it properly."
"Talk about playing with fire." He joked.  Jenny laughed and laid down on the blanket to look up at the stars. Sportacus laid down next to her and gazed up at the indigo sky, "My grandfather told me that my crystal was hand picked from the sky."
"It glows bright enough." she joked.
"I wouldn't say that-" Sportacus was stopped short when Jenny sat up to see his crystal shining a soft shade of pink.
"Does that happen often?" she asked a little concerned at the strange sight. Sportacus sat up and saw the crystal glowing the color of a pink rose, "Oh! Well, that hasn't happened in a while."
"What is going on?"
"Its kind of hard to explain, my crystal can sometimes pick up on what my heart is feeling. Whatever I am feeling, it turns a color. Its done this before, I think this color means that I'm happy."
Jenny looked down at the glowing pink light, she knew exactly what it meant. She leaned in and kissed his lips, the light on his chest grew brighter as his heart beat pounded in his ears. Her kiss made him feel like a vibrating note from the strings of a violin, it was a feeling he never felt before and he didn't want it to stop. Jenny's lips departed his and she whispered, "I am going to find it very hard to leave now."
"Maybe you shouldn't. Maybe you don't want to." Sportacus lingered his lips hoping for another kiss. Jenny pulled away a little from him, "Its not like I have a crystal to tell me how I feel, Sportacus. Things have changed. I'm not sure if I want to change with it yet."
"Don't you think that if you feel the need to stay just means you have changed?" he drew her close but Jenny didn't look him in the eye.
"Its just that, this place used to be a cage for me, now is starting to feel like home...is that strange?" she heard Sportacus laugh.
"No. it sounds like the bird is using the bars from her cage to make her nest... there is nothing wrong with making a home for yourself." Jenny looked up at him, he had compassion in his eyes that made him look even more handsome. He understood her and knew that she was going through a lot of strange feelings. Sportacus just wanted her to be happy, it didn't mean she had to stay, but it would make him happy if she did.
"I want to stay, but there is so much more out there for me to see. I don't want to stop until I've seen it all." Jenny said looking up at her hero's face. He could see the passion in her eyes, it filled him with delight to see her so in love with seeing the world.
"The way I see it, is that the bird who has a nest can come and go as it pleases." Sportacus wanted her to feel like she didn't have to choose, to him she could have the best of both worlds...with him.
"The gypsy is still the eagle?" Jenny asked flirting a little. Sportacus thought back to when they first met, she strutted around the park like she owned the place and she made such a fuss over his disapproval. "Jenny is still the eagle." he hugged her tight. He never knew the date would go so well.

Jenny slid down the chute from her amazing date into Robbie's home, she didn't want the night to end but she had some serious thinking to do. Sportacus knew that too.
"Where have you been?" Robbie's deep and agitated voice echoed through the house. Jenny looked over at her brother who was approaching her from his chair, "I have been worried sick."
"Sorry mom. I was out." Jenny sneered, walking to her room behind Robbie's Tube Closet. Robbie followed her trumping behind, "May I ask with whom you were out with?"
"You wouldn't believe it if I told you." Jenny sat on her bed and looked up at her towering brother, "Sportacus and I were on a date."
"You and Sportablott?!" There was a look of surprise on his face but then it transformed into a smug expression, "I knew it. You like him don't you?"
"Yes, I do. He took me up to Mt. Lazy." she smiled up at the ceiling, remembering her magical night. Robbie crossed his arms and looked at his once tough sister, "Poor little Jenny Layne. You're turning into a goody girl. I cant wait for the day you come home in a real dress." Robbie teased as he laughed out loud. Jenny started to laugh too, "The last time I wore a real dress was in that Private school that was here."
"Yeah and then you cut it so short that they're still blaming you for the new dress code!" Robbie laughed out. "Jenny, I'm so very worried. Your vitality and your chaotic behavior has been taken away from you!"  Robbie got down on his knees and scooted towards his baby sister in fake concern. Robbie wasn't mad about her and Sportacus being together, he was more concerned that his little sis has grown up and changed and he was hiding it with being a taunting brother, "I'm fine Robbie. I'm still your sister." Jenny said laying a hand on top of his head, he stood and sat next to her and looked at her in the eyes,
"You and I used to be two peas in a pod. Someday you and Sportabatt will be off in some crazy country. I'll be here alone and waiting impatiently for you to come back."
"You really need a girlfriend my dear brother."
"Perhaps Sportacus has a sister." Robbie joked. They both laughed and shared a hug.
Jenny then realized what Sportacus meant about the bird in her nest. Sportacus wanted her to go and still have a home in Lazy Town. It made her feel wonderful to have been on a date with someone who didn't tell her what to do. She liked the idea a lot, maybe she could have both, she can.  "I'm going to bed Robbie, its been a long day."
"Alright, goodnight Jenny." Robbie quietly closed the door behind him as Jenny readied for bed.
"Bed!" Sportacus commanded as he jumped into his ship. It was past his bedtime, but he didn't care one bit, he had a lovely time with Jenny. It was worth staying up an hour and a half later than usual. He jumped into bed and covered himself as he stared at the ceiling, Sportacus had become infatuated.
He knew it because he wasn't tired even though his body told him otherwise. The pink light shone through his thick blanket and almost lit up the room. Sportacus never had the same color show up twice. He stood from his bed and went to his computer, "Computer, show me the readings on my crystal, why is it glowing pink?" Sportacus pulled his crystal from his chest and placed it in the slot in the computer, "Readings show the crystal is in working order, nothing is of error."
"Yes, but why is it glowing pink? Can you check my heart records for today?" He asked the computer. The PC took a bit to pull up the patterns of his heart, once they were shown on the screen, he could see the lines spiking normally through out the day, then around the time of the date the lines stopped for a split second and then spiked off the charts. "What does this mean Computer?" he said touching the gap where the line momentarily stopped and then carried on erratically.
"It appears your heart stopped for half a second around 8:30 tonight." The computer replied. Sportacus was dumbfounded, his heart stopped for half a second and then started to beat irregularly.
"What about the high spikes here?" he said pointing to them on the chart. The computer zoomed in and the lines were now small separated lines, almost as if his heart was being flipped on and off like a light switch.
"What is the meaning of this computer? Why has my heart acted so strangely today?" he asked quite worried about his health.
"Your heart is generally very healthy, this type of activity must have been an event of complete surprise to you today. Your heart started a series of misplaced beats, your heart skipped at least ten beats in between regular ones."
"Is that bad?" He asked the computer.
"Nothing to worry about. Your heart was just reacting to an event it wasn't expecting. For your heart to react like it did today, it must have been quite unexpected."
"Is that why its glowing pink?"
"It is possible, would you like to see the video log around that time?" The monitor suggested. Sportacus nodded and it pulled up the video feed. Sportacus always has his ship record his movements and the events of his day so he can look back at them to improve his abilities. The computer played the video and Sportacus started to blush, "Oh. I see." He tried very hard to keep from smiling at what the video feed revealed.
"The shade of pink that you have witnessed must be a sign that your heart enjoyed this in some way."
"Thank you computer, I get it now." He said with a laugh. As he approached his bed, he thought of something else, "My crystal popped out of its slot today, was there a reason for that?"
"Searching..." the computer sputtered out. "Your heart seemed to have experienced something stronger than the readings that made it flash pink."
"What is that? I remember when it flew out, it was after Jenny..." Sportacus stopped himself short as he saw the video feed of Jenny's dance. "For a mili-second, your heart flashed a bright red before it escaped the slot.
"Oh dear. That is embarrassing."