Mountains

Jenny was taken aback, a date? She didn't know whether to be flattered or confused. She stood silent for a moment, her eyes widened in surprise, "Sure...Why not?" Jenny felt as if another person spoke for her. She's never been on a date before. Sportacus let out a slow breath of tension. "Where are we going? On this date?" Jenny asked.
"On Mount Lazy...for a picnic." Sportacus said. Stephanie handed him a picnic basket and Jenny narrowed her eyes at her in a very quizzical way. "Have fun you two." Stephanie said as He offered his arm to Jenny. She looped her arm around his and they both walked on the path to the mountain. There was nothing said for a while, both of them were extremely nervous. Jenny shuddered in a mix of pleasure and nerves, it felt good to her in a way. It was only until they started to climb the mountain when they started to talk,
"So, Sportacus. What do you think I should tell my brother when I arrive home late?" she asked teasing him. Sportacus laughed a little at the thought of Robbie's face cringing at the sight of them together. "Its just a date. He will just have to deal with it."
"I think my dear brother is jealous of you now. He says I spend a lot of time with you."
"That isn't entirely true, you spend time with the kids a lot more I think." He observed. Once they found a clearing high enough, Sportacus spread out the blanket for both of them to lay on. Jenny sat down and marveled at the view. Sportacus seen the look of astonishment on her face, "Beautiful isn't it?" he sat himself next to her and handed her an apple. "Do you miss traveling? You have been here for a few months."
"Is that the reason you asked me out?" Jenny asked trying to hide her smile. Sportacus grinned bashfully, "I wanted to spend some time with you before you left." Sportacus scratched his head trying to think of what to say, "I...uhm." Sportacus blushed again. Jenny waited patiently for him to choose his words, she enjoyed watching him try not to make a fool of himself.
"I like you too Sportacus." Jenny figured that was what he was going to say. Jenny liked it that he brought her up on the mountain, she felt very spoiled, she never felt this special to anyone. "Would you like to hear a story of my last trip?" she asked. Sportacus nodded almost eagerly, he loved to hear stories from her, she told them to the kids sometimes when she had the time to sit down. Jenny looked up at the brilliant sunset, trying to figure out where to start.
"I used to travel with a Caravan of gypsies. They were all related in some way or they were close friends with each other and became a family. When they spotted me dancing in the streets of Paris, they were livid. I was taking their audience away from them but when they found out I was all on my own, they took me in. It didn't matter that I wasn't blood. They told me I was more than close enough." Jenny laughed a bit.
"They taught me about the importance of nature and enjoying the scenery and not being afraid when nature shown its wrath. Being a gypsy meant being in a very rich culture too, from French to East Indian. They were like my family, they even taught me how to dance."
"Really? Did you know how to dance before?" he asked.
"Lets just say my two feet didn't meet until I met the Caravan."
They shared a laugh, "Its hard to imagine you not being able to dance. You are so good at it, I think that's why Stephanie likes you so much."
"Yes, she's a little pink firecracker. She was born with her talent, the gypsies always told me whenever I thought I couldn't learn a dance, they told me that if you know how to walk, you know how to dance."
"Let me guess, you had trouble walking?" he chuckled.
"Most of the time yes. For that, they taught me how to dance and walk at the same time. They told me that if I did that, it would increase my balance and fluidity."
"I think I understand. Its like those crazy kids on you tube, they flip around an jump off of balconies trying to land on their feet."
"Kind of but we dance more than we flip and we land on our feet other than our heads. I'll never forget the hardest dance I had to learn. It was called the dance of flames."
"Please show me. All of this talk about dance, you've sold me on your fire dance. Can I see it?" he asked. Jenny grinned at him and snapped her fingers, igniting her hand with a flame, "How did you do that?"
"it's a trick I learned from one of the Chinese gypsies that traveled with us, they use fire to heal and relieve pain."
"Does it hurt? It must be burning you."
"No, just sit there and enjoy the show." Jenny stood and started to play with the flame in her hands, making movements like an Indian dancer, the flame danced in between her fingers like a fish bobbing between patches of reef in the ocean. She held the flame to her face and set it in her mouth and heaved a long stream of fire into the air from her lips. Sportacus jumped from the bright flash of orange that stained the air.
Jenny then produced another flame from her hand and threw it onto the dry ground, she twirled as the flames grew higher around her. The higher the flames became the faster she turned, Sportacus became extremely worried that she would catch fire, "Jenny!" he started to scream out to her once he couldn't see her anymore within the angry fire. Just when Sportacus decided to get up, the flames shrank back into the ground, almost looking like a reversed eruption of a volcano. Once the smoke cleared, Jenny was no where to be found.