[Chapter Twenty-Seven] Addie

Start from the beginning

"I had an order of protection against him, ordered by the court for this trial and he flew down to my state, found out my classes and showed up to harass me before he was arrested. A restraining order would have done nothing. Than Jackson does what he wants when he wants and thinks he's above the law, he isn't." I glared over at him and he he was shocked at my anger.

I was tired of being weak, I lived through him and I would make it through this trial. I don't know if I'll win but at least it will give me peace of mind.

When they were done with me Nathan came back and asked more questions, trying to erase the doubt my parents had started to create and then it was Alex's turn to take the stand.

I'm not exactly sure how this is going to go, he could be the best or worst thing to me and their joyful expressions were making me uneasy and my stomach was churning.

He swore to tell the truth and Nathan got up, buttoning his suit as he stepped up to question him.

"How do you know the defendant?" he asked him

"I work in the same office." He swallowed hard

"And how about Addison Gregory?" he asked and he looked over at me and quickly looked away

"She's Than's fiancé, or she was." He corrected

"When was the first time you met her?"

"Social events from company parties when she came with him, we made some small talk but that's about it."

"How did it go from small talk to sex?" he asked

"Than told me that she liked when he would watch her with other men."

"So this was all on Than's word, you never heard that from her?"

"Yes." He agreed

"Did you ever think that maybe she wasn't into it but he was, did it ever cross your mind that what he said wasn't true?" Nathan was in full lawyer mode and it was a pretty cool site to see, how he demanded the room and how sure he was of himself, it was something my parents didn't have.

He was better.

Alex looked over at Than who was glaring at him and so Nathan stepped to the side in his line of sight and he glanced over at me and then looked away.

"Why won't you look at her?" Nathan asked him and he sighed and finally made and maintained eye contact with me.

"I didn't think about it at the time I just went by what he said. I heard what she said he had done to her and from my experience it made sense. I never saw her fully naked and it was always dark and since I heard about the case all I can do it think back to all my experiences with her."

"What experiences exactly?"

"At the time she seemed into it but thinking back it seemed shady. Her moans weren't real and I thought he was watching because he enjoyed it and maybe he did but now thinking about it he seemed more like a threatening force."

I looked over at him and I was pleased to see them rattled and Than was angry. This wasn't how they thought this would go.

"Do you believe Ms. Gregory's story?" he asked him and he looked at me again

"Yes, I do."

"Thank you." Nathan stepped back and this time my father stepped up.

"You slept with her and she didn't protest, correct?" he asked

"Yes."

"You were a near stranger she let into her bed, correct?" he asked

"Yes but."

"And did she ever tell you the story she told us today?"

"No." he looked on edge

"And she was moaning and giving you the impression she was enjoying herself?" it made my face flame to have them talking about me enjoying sex with any of them. Alex was gentler and he was sweet and maybe if I was dating him and made a choice to sleep with him I would have but I just couldn't.

"Yes."

"So she could be lying now and enjoyed having someone watch her and you could be looking for something not there?" he asked

"It's possible." He said and I sighed

"No more questions." Nathan got back up and examined him again

"Do you think you read the situation wrong all those times?"

"No I don't."

"Than you Mr. Felton." Alex stepped down and they did a bunch of talking and we were done for today, we have to be back at ten the morning after next.

I stepped out and my family was all there waiting for me. Liam wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head

"Whore." Than yelled over at us and I shrank into Liam as my parents led him away whispering angrily at him.

Than had become reckless and that was going to hurt them. He had an ego and when it came to me he needed to feel control, when I showed him I wasn't afraid it threw him way off.

He may know all my weaknesses but I now know one of his.