The Luckiest Man Alive

We stood there as the whirlwind around us slowly calmed down. After about 15 minutes, the rush of people hurrying around me slowed, then stopped. Only then did Daddy let go of me. 

 This time, we didn't have to fight our way to good view. Our main contenders were the grimy shop keepers, though everyone was waiting and watching between stands. Few people had gone far, and few people didn't want to know who won, but no one wanted to be in the sights of the plan.

President Barrow started talking. Through the speaker mod, it was loud, but not loud enough to drown the whispers and exchanges.
"The Winner of the first annual Capitalist is...." she took a pause and looked at her tablet. "Mr. and Mrs. Elliot and Jean Sanchez, owners of the MesLife company with a 10.2 Billion Amero account, and a net worth of  20 Billion Ameros.  Elliot and/or Jean Sanchez, would you please step foreword."

A young man sprinted out of the tents as the crowd let out a collective sigh of relief. A bodyguard stepped out and chased after the man. After realizing he wasn't going to get away, Elliot gave up and walked willingly to the podium.

President Barrows started clapping, and soon the whole crowd was politely giving a round of applause. 

"Mr. Sanchez, I am pleased to give you the Winner of Capitalism award!" She said she held out a thin, gold ribbon. It looked skimpy. Ten tablets came from bodyguards around her. "You are now permitted to choose your charity! "

Elliot's hand wavered as he chose a tablet and pressed a button. His entire bank account would be flooding the charity. He looked terrified as he faced the throngs of people again, all now richer than he was.  They all cheered and the race against richness began.