"What's going on here?" A new voice suddenly broke in.

My eyes trained on father's fiancé standing by the door.

"What did you do Nichole?" Sara's voice was hard.

"Why do you assume it was me who did something?" Nichole snapped.

"Because you're my sister and I know you." Sara retorted evenly. Her eyes trained on the broken frame littered on the floor and her lips drew into a thin line.

Sara's furious gaze trained on her sister.

"Leave." Her voice was calm but her eyes flashed with challenge.

"Don't tell me what to do." Nichole spat out.

"I don't want you ruining tonight for Scarlett or me for that matter. You're going to go and ask the driver to take you home right now or else I'm going to tell mom and dad all about this and you know what will happen then. Do you want to go back to that place?"

Nichole's face paled a little at her sister's words. They both glared at each other for a few moments. I watched in disbelief as Nichole turned to walk away.

When she had gone Sara turned to me, her face apologetic.

"I'm very sorry Scarlett. My sister can be. . . difficult. I don't think she can help it." Her voice was sad.

I just stared at her still in shock over what happened.

No one had ever stood up to Nichole for me.

"Thank you." I told her truthfully.

She smiled. "You should go downstairs, your friends are waiting for you. I'll clean up this mess."

"No! You don't have to clean-" I started but she cut me off.

"Please Scarlett. It would make me feel better. She's my sister and I feel really guilty about everything."

I sighed in defeat. I knew I couldn't change her mind.

I gave her one last grateful smile before walking out.

I took a deep breath as I slowly made my way downstairs. My eyes immediately fell on Danielle and Jace who were standing together in a corner. 

I sighed in relief. Thank God they were here! I started to make my way towards them.

I yelped in surprise as an arm curled around my waist and spun me around.

My eyes locked with a pair of dark grey ones.

"Hunter?" I sputtered in disbelief.

"Surprise." He murmured in my ear, his lips drawn into a smirk.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered, still in shock.

He shrugged. "Your dad invited me. We're neighbors remember?"

I guess that makes sense.

"I need to take you somewhere. Come on." His smirk widened as he started tugging me away.

"Hunter I can't do that. This is my house. I can't just abandon the party." I hissed as I tried to get out of this hold.

"I wasn't really asking." He murmured his grip around my waist tightened as he started moving me towards the exit.

I turned to look at Danielle and Jace but they only eyed us with amusement. Neither one of them made a move to help me. Traitors.

I gave up struggling after a few minutes.