7: wonder

"Kiss me."

Those were the words that Hiroto had said to him, moments before he decided to take control of Midorikawa's body. The greenette shivered even at the memory: the redhead's fingers entwined in his hair, his feverish breath clearly felt on the doctor's skin, and those lips... Midorikawa couldn't shake it off, couldn't find the strength to force himself to think of it as just an escape plan... Because there was more to it than just that.

'More to it'? His conscience snarled, sounding crossed. He used you! That was all. Why else would he suddenly insist on... on kissing? You must realize how absurd that is.

Let's take it slow, guys. His inner doctor stepped in, though seeming evidently rattled as well. We don't have all the pieces of the puzzle yet...

What puzzle? Why are you even defending him right now? His conscience yelled, red-faced. He's a scam, a con man, whatever! He doesn't deserve your sympathy!

"Ughh, just stop already..." Midorikawa grumbled for the fifth time in an hour. Great, Ryuuji, now you're going nuts. Better prepare for physical symptoms too; who knows what that bastard did to you when he kissed—

Midorikawa sighed loudly and sat bolt up on the sofa. Pushing his long green hair back, he pulled his knees up to his chest and hugged them, his eyes trained aimlessly onto the throw pillow in front of him. He just didn't know what to make of the situation. Yes, he was dragged off and had his first kiss outrageously stolen. (It's a first kiss, okay, because he's just inexperienced like that!) Yes, the redhead did not offer any explanation as he ran off and left an extremely shaken Midorikawa to walk home by himself. And yes, quite frankly, the greenette was angry. But then again...

"Aghhh!" Covering his face with his hands, Midorikawa laid down on his sofa again – not bed, no, because it still smelled like Hiroto and he wasn't sure if he was ready to face anything Hiroto-related just yet. He just wanted to forget, to stop thinking on and on and on about what just happened. Little did he know, on the other side of the city, a certain someone was experiencing the exact same problem...

* * *

"So... you said you had a plan B? And you kissed him?!"

"I did."

"Oh god... but why?"

"What do you mean, 'why'? He had long hair which could have easily covered our faces, public displays of affection tend to make people uncomfortable—"

"Yeah, I know. I'm not that dumb. What I mean is, kissing him was the stupidest thing you could've done!"

"Stupid...? Oh, give me a break already!" The redhead raised his hands exasperatedly. A pair of teal blue eyes glanced at him, obviously judging. "Okay, I... I get it, but—"

"But it was the only option left?" The man in the driver's seat rolled his eyes. "When you're a good agent, there's no such thing as 'the only option left'! And... Gran, let me ask you a question. You say you get it, but do you really get it?"

The redhead in the passenger seat frowned, a little tired of his friend's nonstop questions:

"Get what?"

"Haizz..." The driver sighed, mumbling to himself. "He doesn't get it."

"Get what?" The redhead repeated, his voice a little louder now, more frustrated. But the driver shushed him as he slowed down and began to descend into a parking lot. The subject of the interrogation suppressed a sigh as he sank into the chair, the recent events replaying itself in his head...