12|Backbone? Never Heard Of Her.

(Song of the chapter: "Stay" By Rihanna)

   Aiden spoke up as we bent the corner. "What did you even say?"  "Come suck my dick."

  I giggled, as they sighed in relief. "What? What's wrong?" I watched as they smiled among each other.

  "We thought you were going to break. As in your strong facade was going to crumble." Courtney spoke up and when she saw how Elias looked at her, she blushed. 

It seems that they have a crush. Aww. Cute.

Kyle kept looking at me, with an unreadable expression on his face. It was making me uncomfortable.  

  "Can we get to class? Mr. Arson is an asshole on Mondays. Aiden, Courtney?" I said, hoping they would just come with me.

  Fortunately, Shanice caught on and shoved Courtney and Aiden in my direction. "Get to class babe. I'll see you later." She kissed Aiden when he pouted. "Fine." He huffed and walked in step with me and Courtney to class.

  " Later babe." "Bye Maya." Kyle and Elias respectively said and I waved at the both of them, letting out a breath when I was further away from Kyle.

  I was walking faster than Courtney and Aiden, so I was a bit ahead of them. And me being the clumsy girl, bumped into someone.

  "Sorry , didn't see -" I stopped short to see it was Shacquille. 

   His bottom lip was busted from the punch that Kyle gave him.  But it didn't look all bad, he was still hot.

  And he got a haircut. He just took a little off the side, giving him a slight mullet look, some of the hair falling on his forehead.

Wow. He looked good.  Really good.

His shirt looked like it was a few minutes from tearing and I wanted to lick him all over, savoring the taste of him.

  "Baby doll?" He looked down on me, steadying me with his hands, effectively pulling me out of my thoughts.

I smiled softly at the name and sighed. "Hey Shac, are you okay?" And he smiled. "Ti avevo detto che era una fighetta." He replied, causing me to chuckle. "Of course you'd say that." And he smiled.

"What did he say?" Courtney tugged on my hand, smiling at Shacquille and I felt a pang of jealousy. He's not your boyfriend anymore Maya, he can date other people.

So why did that hurt me so much to say? "He said that he was a pussy." And she chuckled.

"How's Jacob?" I asked about his best friend. "He's pretty good, he asked for you a couple days ago." He replied, running his hands through his hair that I would pull every time we fuc-No Maya.

   Resist the urge to bring up old memories. How his lips felt when he sucked on my neck or my nipples. How his hands and fingers felt when he touched my most sensitive part.

  "I have class now, so I'll talk to you later?" I asked, looking down on my shoes. He lifted up my head by my chin. "Mírame, pequeño." And I sucked in a breath. "This boy keeps getting hotter and hotter." And I glared at Courtney. [Eyes on me, little one.]

"We have the same class together." And I forgot that he did criminology. "Alright." And we walked in silence.

"Ms. McDermott, nice to know you're here early with your crew." Mr. Arson muttered, as we stepped in the class. "Can it Robert. I'm not in the mood today." I snapped and I sat down.

Why am I so worked up over a guy who's not even my boyfriend? Why does everything he do affects me this bad?

'Maybe because you still love him and you're jealous cause you want him all to yourself?' my subconscious says.

   I saw him tremble slightly, before smirking inwardly.  

  "Mr. Jackson. Good morning." Mr. Arson chirped and Shacquille rolled his eyes. "Morning sir." He murmured, as he sat beside Liam Chamberlain, a boy with Sandy brown hair and blue braces. "Morning Shac." He greeted him and Shac smiled. "Morning."

  "Ok, class. Today, we'll be working in pairs of two for this project." Robert paused and I started to block him out.

My mind brings me back to high school when we went on that date, where he kissed me for the first time, when I lost my virginity to him. When he told me he loved me for the first time, when he used to come over my house and bake cookies with me and my family.

I missed those days. I missed him, the things we used to do. But I knew I would be setting myself up for failure, being involved with him again.

  "Maya McDermott and Shacquille Jackson." What?

I spin in my seat, our eyes meeting and he quirks an eyebrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May your paths always stay lit, little stars✨~

Shani💕