Chapter 2

Jess's POV

After biology had come to an end I started running out not wanting any attention, until I was stopped by Chase. So I did what any normal girl would do, ask one of the questions eating away in my mind.

"Why did you stand up for me?"

"Jess, there is a lot of things you will not understand, this being one of them. But whatever I say, you have to listen, because whatever I don't tell you, I'm doing it for a reason."

"But why, Prince Chase?"

"Firstly Jess, call me Chase, and secondly, you will know soon enough but now is not the time it's too much of a risk for me. Because if I do tell you, people could overhear, and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Why me? I'm nothing Pr...Chase, I'm a human, everyone else pretty much is a vampire." I swear I heard a growl come from Chase when I said I was nothing, but I chose to ignore it.

"Jess, you are not nothing, to me, your more than life itself."

"I've got to get to my next lesson Chase, I'm not super speedy like you, and I don't know my way around here, so..."

"What have you got next?"

"Don't you have Nicole to get back to?"

"No, she has a drama exam, so as I asked before, what have you got next?"

"Ummmm" I looked at my timetable and then back up at Chase "English with Mrs Jones"

"God...why do you keep getting all the teachers that hate humans, that's it if you have anymore strict teachers I'm going to have to get a new timetable."

"You don't have to do that Chase..."

"No honestly it's fine, they do anything for me."

"Okay..."

What I hadn't realised that we had been walking while talking. I felt Chases arm snake around my waist, and all I felt was tingles. Damn, I just wanted to kiss him, that was until he pulled me into an empty and dark classroom.

"Stop thinking that."

"Thinking what, Chase?" I asked, I honestly didn't know what I had done wrong.

"How much you want to kiss me, Jess, I can hear your thoughts."

"Why mine."

"Your not going to stop asking are you?"

"Nope" I replied popping the p.

"Will you tell anyone if I tell you why you feel this way?"

"No"

"Jess, there's no easy way to put this, but, your m-my m-mate, please don't run away or reject me."

"Wait! What?"

"Your my mate."

"Okay. But why me?"

"You're my other half, Jess."

"Is that the reason why I feel tingles when you touch me?"

"Yes."

"Okay.. This is a lot to take in so I'm just gonna go and try and clear my head.." I was about to finish my sentence when Chase interrupted me.

"I'll come with you."

"No!" I snapped, when Chases face fell I felt really guilty,

"I'm sorry for snapping Chase, but I'm just confused with all this at the moment..."

"No, it's fine Jess honestly, I would be acting the same as you are now if I were in your position, especially since you are going to be Queen of..."

"Wait, wait, wait. What did you just say. Who said I was going to be Queen, cause I sure didn't?"

"You're my mate, Jess, meaning you were born for the throne. I know it's a lot to take in, but please, think about it, for me?" He asked giving me the puppy dog face.

"Fine." I groaned.

"Thank you Jess, this means the world to me. I really hope it's you I end up ruling the world with and build a future and a family with."

"Honestly Chase, I don't want to rush into anything."

"That's fine."

"Wait" I said realising something, "what about Nicole."

"Don't worry about her, I will let her down as easily as I can, but if she disrespects you, or anyone for that matter, you will come straight to me and tell me, okay?"

"Yea of course. What time is it?"

"10:00, why?"

"Next lesson is well on its way" I groaned.

"Don't worry, if they know your with me they won't give a damn."