Epilogue

"James Alexander Amoux, how many times must I told you to stop?! One more time! One more and I swear I'll castrate you!" My deviant little one screamed at me as he slammed the door of my office. Despite the scolding I smiled. About a month ago when I tired taking him on vacation he's been furious with me and has screamed at the top of his lungs at me. Of course I didn't put myself back on his good grace with my every attempt to succeed.

I was just lucky my little one was just human. He was frightening enough already, still that didn't mean I didn't love seeing that provoked side of him. My smile grew though, I did almost have him this time. We were almost half way to our destination when he woke up and like a commanding officer he barked out orders to the captain of our flight to redirect us home. And here I was two hours later smiling like a fool.

I picked up my office phone once it started to ring. "What can I do for you my love?" I asked knowing my smile was now centimeters from breaking my face and it only grew with his responds. "You should only utter such words when I take you rough and raw my love," I replied to his words of profanity.

I heard an intake of breath before the line went dead. It was a minute later I got a text. I'm going out to lunch with Kyle. By the time I get back I want to see that you have reflected over your actions.

I chuckled. I leaned back on my chair and turned around but not before grabbing the remote from my desk. Pressing the bottom to the shades on the window I watch as they open. These past two amazing years have been amazing and I know the following years will be even more so. Before then, life seemed dull compared to the moments I've spent with my Sage. Thinking back it seemed as if I had been searching without realizing it. It made me wonder if this was how the other Shifters felt like before they were fortunate enough to find their Fated.

I never thought about my better self, not because I was jaded towards love but for the reason that you never heard of it happening to my kind. It was considered a rare occurrence, a gem in a pile of coal, per say. We Shifters were not like other Mystic creatures. More accurately we were not like the witches, vampires or werewolves who had this urgency from a certain age to hunt down, in their case their Mate. No Shifters were different, we were known as pitiful and unfortunate creatures by others because of it.

However there was never a moment when I felt so. In the contrary more than most Shifters felt that they, were the pitiful and unfortunate ones. After all they lost the last bit of control they have once they lay their eyes on their Mate. Werewolves were a prime example.

Oh but how wrong we Shifters are. To think we wouldn't become senseless creatures ourselves if given the chance when we encounter our Fated. If not for Sage I would still feel as if I shredded my pride to pieces that day with how easily I lost control.

Still that day, as of present time has become my top favorite. The day, Sage chose me and our life's began. I would love to say that the day I had a hint of his superlative scent was my number one. But nothing could bet the feeling of superiority he gave me when he didn't reject me but welcome me with open arms and he accepted me wholly.

And my deviant little one proved to be more than I ever thought of him to be. He showed so much fierce emotion something I found out later on was hard for him and I was honored more than anything to be given the right to those feelings. He opened up to me showing he was willing to give me a chance, us a chance.

"Sage? Where are you going?" there was a hint of tremor in my voice which he notice with no doubt as he stopped midstride after putting on my jacket to cover himself. If felt like years before he turned fully to face me and the lump in my throat tighten. Don't let this be it. Please Spirits, he was fine with me. Don't let my stupidity of wanting his every attaching on me and invading his privacy make him walk away from me. I beg you.