Chapter 6

Stop! Please! No! I wanted to yell as he closed the door, but the tape on my mouth restricted me. NO! I flung myself at the only exist away from what was going to go down behind it, when his arms wound around my waist holding me back.

I trashed around, my heart accelerating at a dangerous speed. "Sage!" No, please no, I begged endlessly as my captor chortled in my ear. I sobbed as the room on the other side started to make promiscuous noises. 

"Sage! Wake up now!" a sonorous tone barked out. I don't know what it was about it but it soothed me to the point that it cleared my mind and relaxed my body, taking me away from everything that had broken me.

"That's right gorgeous, just like that, relax," that soothing voice spoke. I leaned my face onto a hand on my cheek. I knew this touch. I had craved it from the first time I had the privilege to feel it on my naked flesh.

He gathered me into his arms and I found myself scooting closer to him as he sat me on his lap, firmly pressed to his chest, my head resting under his chin my face turned so that my cheek rested on his shoulder. I should have been on pins and needles with our current position but after my nightmare this was nothing to be scared of. I was taking strength from the comfort he was giving me.

We stayed in silence, both of us in our own thoughts. The sound of his heart beat steadily became my favorite sound in the world as it cleared the last remaining shred of images from my mind. My head was clear and my thoughts were all on this glorious man and what has been going on for the past few weeks.

It was clear to me that he felt something for me. He wasn't like that bastard. As much as I knew that they were different I had to fully understand that so that I can finally look past all the pain and fear. This amazing man didn’t have reasons to lie to me. Didn't need me as his own personal bank. 

I was slowly coming to terms with this but I was still scared. Why was this glorious man so keen on having me? How long would it be before he tired of me?  Betrayal was something that I couldn't handle. And something told me that I wouldn't recover from something like that happening from this man.

No, I had fallen for my Scrumptious/Drop Dead Gorgeous Boss without even realizing it and it was scaring the living shit out of me, but with every fiber of who I was, I wanted him in every way. I wanted the love that he claimed to have for me. I wanted to return it wholly. Wanted to finally live my life for myself, unafraid of anything and be with him. I wanted everything he could give me. I loved him. So simple yet so damn hard.

I took a deep slow breath. I had sworn that I would get over my past and I knew that this amazing man was more than willing to help me if I let him in. I shifted my position on his lap and it wasn't until I saw the look on his face that I noticed the posture I placed myself in. "I love this color on you," he whispered, tracing his fingers on my burning cheek up to my ears as his other hand ran up my leg, that had wrapped around his waist.

I shuttered, biting my lip to keep from moaning. I placed my hand on his chest and pushed but he moved his hand to my hips stopping me from getting too far. I let out a shaking breath but I kept a firm hand on his chest. Distance was the only way I could think around him. To close and I’d strip out of my clothes and offer myself as some Thanksgiving dinner like the floozy I was.

Damn its getting hot in here.

He gave my chin a gentle tug so that I looked at him. Slowing I opened my eyes with some probing from him and I was staring right back into his gaze. The only other time I ever met his eyes was earlier this morning when he had forced me and I all but lost it. I had tried once to look into his cerulean colored eyes but this strange feeling overpowered my body causing me to lose control. I don't know how I manage not to orgasm on the spot or faint from the rush of blood from my head to my lower organ. But I had managed and since then I hadn't risked it.