Chapter 1/It Begins

It had started when the nation's were forced to read each other's diaries by their own parents. How nice. Now, only two entries left, and then. All of their parents spoke at once.

"Two people here, are literally shells of them former selves. They have become hosts to shadows, and put into a deep sleep. We will expose them after reading the entries, by making them cry tears as black as the shadows inside."

Everyone became tense. Who here was literally a shell? A host to deep dark shadows? Who was going to cry, and what if the tears were dark, and they were exposed?

Canada began to read, and took a deep breath.
"Please help me. I want to be free. They sewed my cheeks, and I had to snip them out one by one. I trusted them, they were my own government. Why? I just wanted to show the real me. Be seen, and actually be loved. But, no one cares. I wanna go lay down, cry and cry. The holes are still there, and it hurts. I miss my brother's, I miss my mother, I wanna die. Please, kill me," Canada said, and looked shocked. "It ends there."
He then passed the book over too Romano, whose eyes widened as he began to read. "They killed him. My one true love. I'm left alone, to mourn. First, my grandfather, and now him? Why? Why! Please answer my prayers. I wanna be happy again, I wanna actually smile. But I'm gonna lie to myself. No one care's. Please, save me," Romano looked close tp tears. "It ends there."

The thing that really shocked everyone was when America started crying, his tears black, and coal like. His eyes rolled into the back of his head, and then everyone knew which entry his was when he screamed when people tried to help him. "Please, Kill me!"

What surprised everyone more is when Italy started crying. His tears were just as dark as America's. They knew which entry he was, when he yelled "Please, Save me!" as his eyes rolled back.

Everyone was shocked. "Now that you know, we will send you into their minds where they are forever trapped inside.." Then a flash, a bang, and everyone was out.

When everyone awoke, they found themselves in a field, covered in beautiful flowers, but it felt off. In front of them, were two paths. One said 'Stitches' the other said 'Heartbreak'. "Alright the lot of you, I'm pretty sure Stitches is America, and Heartbreak is Italy. Where too first?" England said. "I say Italy." Germany spoke up, and a few others nodded. "I say America." Canada said, and other's agreed. "How about we split up?" Japan said, and everyone note of agreement.  It was decided. One group would help America, while the other's would help Italy.

And that's when everything went to shit.

(A/N:Here's the first chapter! Welcome to the cringe!)