four

practice was over and the team headed to the locker room. hope decided she would introduce herself to anthony and then confront him. hope waited until she had all of her upper body gear off and she walked over to anthony's stall. she sat beside him and he turned his attention to her.

"i'm hope watson" she introduced herself. "nice to meet you hope i'm anthony burns" he said. "i have a question for you and i just want you to answer it truthfully" she said. "okay, go ahead" he said.

"i noticed during practice that i scored on you whenever i went up and when the boys went up you saved nearly all of their shots. were you going easy on me because i'm a girl or did someone on the team say something to you?" she asked.

"i uh, i was going easy on you and letting you score because ethan told me before i came here that you had been through a lot in the past month and that i should go easy on you" he answered.

"so you weren't going easy on me because i'm a girl?" she asked. "no not at all. i've heard that you are a great hockey player anyway" he said.

"um, did ethan tell you any details about the past month?" she asked. "no he didn't. i'm guessing you don't want me to know yet, or at all?" he said. "yeah, eventually you'll find out but i just didn't want my new teammate to think differently of me yet since you just got here" she said.

"i understand, you can tell me when your ready" he said as he gave her a small smile. "yeah" she said.

she went back to her stall and finished getting out of her gear. after her bag was all packed with her gear she left the locker room and exited the arena.

she noticed nova's car and walked towards it. nova looked up and saw hope so she unlocked the car doors.

hope placed her bag in the trunk and sat in the passenger's seat. "how was practice?" nova asked hope as they left the parking lot. "it was fine. kinda bad at first but whatever" hope replied.

"you wanna talk about it?" nova asked. "why not?" hope said as she smiled a little.

"so we have a new goalie, and his name is anthony burns. he's a nice guy and i was a little rude to him at first" hope said. "are you okay with them having a new goalie?" nova asked.

"i wasn't okay with it at first but then i talked to anthony and i started to feel okay with the fact that we have a new goalie." hope explained. nova nodded her head in response.

"i'm mad at ethan now because he said a few things that i didn't really like and then i found out that he told anthony to go easy on me and let me score on him because i've gone through so much in the past month. i'm really pissed at ethan for that now." hope said.

"woah, why would ethan do that? it's not like him" nova said. "i don't know. maybe he is mad or something" hope said.

"he didn't tell anthony what happened though right?" nova asked. "no he didn't and i'm glad he didn't" hope said. nova parked outside hope's apartment.

"do you wanna come in? we can hangout for a bit?" hope asked. "sure" nova said as she smiled.

hope hadn't really spent time with nova in the past month. she kinda shut people out and didn't make an effort to talk to them as much. nova was happy that her best friend was starting to be herself again.