Chapter 31: The Future Pt.3

Start from the beginning

"Don't take so long in the store."

She walked inside with Bulma. I headed out.

"Wait for me!!"

I turned my head, huffing to see Trunks follow me.

"There he is. The dummy. Doesn't he know I'd rather be alone?"

I went ahead. Trunks started walking next to me, grinning as he had his hands behind his head. When we got on the main street, I looked around as I went to calculate the money in my hand.

"She wants fast food, what kind," I mumbled to myself.

I looked up and sighed.

"Ah, she gave me more money because depending on the change, I can get the video game."

I went inside a fast food place next to Trunks.

"You want something," I asked, looking up at the menu.

"U-Uh, you're offering?"

"Yeah. I don't need the video game that badly."

"Alright, I want-."

We walked through the street with bags of food. Just two twelve-year-old kids, trying to get back to give up the food. We took our time too, receiving looks on the side.

I can't wait to eat. Man, I'm starving. Training myself and working late at night on video games doesn't give me much to when it comes to eating. I should eat when I'm playing video games. That's good, I guess.

"Luna?"

"Ne? What?"

I looked over at Trunks. He moved me out of the way as I saw someone run in the direction we came from. I looked at him.

"Thanks."

"You're always lost in thought."

"I'm thinking of eating."

He laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"You either think of food or video games. You think of nothing else."

"...No, I don't. I think of other things."

"You're not understanding what I'm saying."

"Yeah I am."

"I'm not talking about ordinary thoughts like 'Oh, I should get this done' or 'What is that'. I'm talking about specific thoughts. You specifically think of food and video games EVERY TIME I catch you."

"Uh-huh."

"...You still don't get it."

"No."

"Never mind."

"What?!"

"You won't get it."

"Trunks!!"

We went inside Capsule Corp to see Mom and Bulma in a conversation.

"Well, that didn't take you long."

"I got Trunks something to eat too."

I set a bag in front of her and grabbed my food. I walked away.

I sat on the balcony, eating my food in peace. Nothing bothered me much. I heard the busy street in the distance, sighing and shutting my eyes. I wanted to be alone. I don't know why, but it always made me feel better. Maybe it was because people didn't understand me like Goten, Mom, and Dad did. Trunks understood something of me, but I don't think he knows enough.