I muttered to myself silently as I took off my dress. I walked into the bathroom wearing only my bra and undies. I closed the door and slipped everything off. I hopped into the shower and took a very warm shower to ward of the chill of my body.

I didn't realize that I stood in the shower for a very long time. The water had turned cold. I turned off the water and got out. Grabbing onto a nearby towel I dried my body before wrapping it around me and making my way out to my bedroom.

I pulled a comfortable sleeping t-shirt and slipped on a pink cupid undies. I turned to my dress, remembering the paper I stolen from Michael's office. I hope he doesn't notice it gone.

I walked over and slipped the crumbled piece of paper out. I walked over to my bed and slipped underneath the covers, pulling it around me before opening up the piece of paper up.

Healers

Healers are born in many different realms. Although they are very rare, they are cherished by their kind. Each healer born in each realms have different purposes to serve. The realms that healers are born in are vampire, werewolf, fairy, witch, mermaids, and sirens.

My back stiffened, "Holy crap. There are other supernatural beings out there?"

I read further.

Vampire Healers - They walk amongst the warm bloods. Their ability to withstand the sun for long periods of time, make their blood extremely unique and valuable. Vampire healers often are travelers that travel between territories. They are harmless and try to avoid quarrels.

Vampire Healers do not have soulmates or loved ones. They can take one for their own if they do find someone suitable to breed with. Otherwise, they do not have the bond that other vampires do.

They seem like nice people. I wondered how they look like. My eyes caught another thing. I read on.

Werewolf Healers – Werewolf healers are born with natural abilities like all other healers. They are able to identify herbs and medicine that could cure sicknesses or illnesses. Like Vampire Healers, werewolf healers' blood are also very unique and valuable. If taken in by small amount, it can heal wounds of the wounded. It can replenish the body with any missing blood.

Werewolf healers do not have soulmates. They are born without one. It is often harder for werewolf healers to live long due to the loneliness their wolf spirits will feel. Many werewolf healers, seek chosen mates to breed and to form an attachment. As easy as it sounds, it is also very difficult. All werewolves are born with soulmates. The chances of healers pairing up with a werewolf is highly unlikely due to the fact that werewolves cherish their mates.

Oh...

A sharp stab hit my left chest. I felt my throat closed up with emotions. My eyes started to water but I couldn't understand why. Why reading this will make me sad? Why was I said?

Was it because I pitied the healers? They do so much yet they don't get a chance to have a bond with someone made for them. It was unfair.

Michael did have a mate but his mate died. I know that for sure when I came here. What does that mean? Will he die lonely? Will he go crazy? Does he get a second chance of finding love again?

So much was running through my mind. I put the wrinkled piece of paper away and pulled the covers to cover my body. I closed my eyes and willed sleep to take over. But my mind was in turmoil.

I couldn't stop thinking about what I just read.

My heart still hurt.

I sniffled and buried my face in my pillow.

I must be going crazy or something. I shouldn't be feeling this way after reading something that should affect me. My mind then flashed back to the amulet report and Alpha Rayne. A shiver ran down my body.

I couldn't do this.

I slipped out of the cover and opened my door. Peeking up and down the hall before I closed the door behind me and walked out of the servants' quarter. I rounded the stairs and headed up to the second landing. Taking a right, I passed a few doors until I stood in front of Michael's door.

I reached for the door handle but I hesitated.

What if he was already asleep?

What if he thought I was a creep or a stalker?

What if he thinks I am clingy?

Oh god! I am not clingy but I couldn't sleep. I needed to feel safe. A loud clatter down the hall scared me. It was enough to jolt me into opening his door and slamming it close. I locked it and let out a sigh of relief.

I whipped around when I heard sheets moving on the bed. Michael shifted towards the door and his eyes opened.

He groaned and rubbed his eyes, "Laurel?"

I padded towards his side of the bed. He seemed to realize what I needed because immediately he opened the sheets. I crawled into his open arms. He wrapped them safely around me.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing." I whispered against his chest. My arms wrapped around his waist.

"It is not nothing. I can feel how fast your heart is beating. Something scared you." He argued.

I sighed, "Just hold me, Michael. I had a bad dream."

He was quiet for a moment before his arms wrapped around me tighter. I closed my eyes, inhaling his masculine and clean scent. He must have taken a shower too. He smelled wonderful.

Sleep came faster in his arms.