Flanges are used to connect valves, pipes, pumps and other equipment. They are however manufactured either by forging or casting process. Forging process has many advantages over casting like they save material, they can produce a complex shape which is difficult for machines and several other things. Let's see what they additionally offer:
- Forged components have thicker metallic structure and no internal flaws.
- They have higher strength as compare to the casting flanges. Due to this, they are used in high-pressure applications.
- Less variation in mechanical properties.
- They are not easy to rust as they have less carbon content.
- Able to withstand higher drawing forces and high shear.
Along with the above advantages, there are also some disadvantages of forged flanges like they may have manufacturing defects such as cracks, blowholes.
Saini flange is a renowned forged component manufacturer, supplier of auto parts and fittings, since 1995. To gather more information, please visit http://www.sainiflange.co.in/
YOU ARE READING
Why Are Forged Flanges Preferred?Random
Flanges are used in a wide range of engineering projects, they are used for linking pipelines, the nozzles of equipment and used in several Plumbing projects. As they hold high pressure and connect two pipes their quality and rating plays a vital ro...