"What happened back there?" I asked feeling left out.

"I-uh well Jack and I-..."

"It was you he fought!" I said, finally putting the pieces together and Ashton's terrified face confirmed my thoughts. "You did that to his face?" I asked.

"Luke, I didn't mean to do it! We just got into an arguement." He mumbled and started to pace in front of me.

"Ash, I'm not mad." I said with a giggle as I set my hand on his shoulder.

"You're not? I mean I hit your brother!" He said and gestured towards my house.

"He probably deserved it!" I said with another chuckle.

"Oh my god I was terrified you followed me out here to tell me you never want to see me again." He said and ran his fingers over my cheek. His action was unexpected but I leaned into his slight touch.

"Trust me sometimes I wish I could do that to Jack's nose." I joked and Ashton's face softened even more.

"I really do have to be to work." He said softly like he really didn't want to go.

"If I leave the window open will you stay with me again?" I said and felt like I was begging.

"Of course." Ashton winked and turned to head for his house.

I smiled at him driving away then turned back to head back inside. I walked back to the dining room table to clean things up and Jack was waiting for me in the kitchen.

"I can't believe you invited that guy over here!" Jack shouted at me.

"'That guy' is my friend and I'm tutoring him in math so deal with it." I said calmly and turned to leave the kitchen.

"Who cares? You saw what he did to my face! What if he loses his cool one day and does the same to you!" Jack was still shouting at me.

"Loses his cool over what Jack, geometry?" I said with sarcasm.

"Luke I'm just trying to protect you!" Jack said and I felt something snap in me.

"From what Jack? Having a friend? God forbid Luke has a friend! Don't try to make this about protecting me because you got your ass kicked for being a dick!" I shouted at my ignorant older brother.

"Luke!" I heard my mom yell from behind me. Crap.

"What?" I said probably too harshly for my moms liking but I didn't care at this point.

"Why were you yelling at your brother?" She asked looking impatient.

"Because Luke brought over the guy that did this to my face!" Jack added in, pointing to his still bruised face.

"You what?" Her voiced raised a little too and I shot Jack a death glare.

"He's the guy I tutor mom, you knew he's been coming over." I tried to calm down.

"But he did that to your brother, Luke." She said and I felt like exploding again.

"He's not dangerous mom! Jack probably deserved it because Ashton is a nice guy! You know what, I'm not arguing anymore!" I yelled and ran up the stairs stopping halfway up to turn around. "Dad would believe me." I simply said and hurried up to my room.

It only took a couple minutes for my mom to come knocking on my door. She sat on the edge of my bed while I was sat at my desk with my lyric book open.

"You were always his favorite you know? He loved your brothers to death but there was always something about you he adored." My mom explained and I felt a lump grow in my throat.

"His birthday is coming up." Was all I could say.

"Sunday, I know." She said and I finally turned to face her.

"I just miss him mom." I said and sat down next to her.

"We all do baby, we all do." She hugged me close and closed my eyes. I couldn't wait until Ashton got here.

...

My mom made me apologize to Jack at dinner which was terrible. He barely accepted it but I didn't really care. Now I was sat on my bed reading a book, waiting for Ashton to get here. I heard a giggle and with a thud Ashton landed on my floor.

"I think I'm getting better at that." He giggled and walked over to sit on my bed. "Whatcha reading?" He asked.

"The great gatsby." I said and he smiled.

"Ah a classic, I love that book." He said and I sat the book on the bed next to me.

"How was work?" I asked and Ashton turned up his nose, making me laugh a little.

"Could I take you on a date Luke Hemmings?" Ashton asked and I swear my jaw hit the floor. A date?

"Guys go out on dates?" I asked and Ashton burst into a fit of giggles and I had to put my hand over his mouth to keep him quiet.

"Of course guys can go out on dates! It's just a little more manly." He joked and I slapped his arm.

"I'm new to all this stuff." I felt a little embarrassed.

"So is that a yes?" He asked and I shook my head in laughter.

"Do you ever get tired from jumping to conclusions?" I laughed.

"A little but it gives me something to do in my down time." He shrugged and laughed too.

"Of course it's a yes." I said and Ashton smiled. We both froze as there was a knock on the door. I shoved Ashton to the floor and he shimmied under my bed. I hurried over to the door and opened it.

"Luke it's lights out time, school tomorrow." My mom said.

"I know mom, I just got done reading for my English class." I said and added a yawn. She pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight Luke." She said and went to walk away.

"Goodnight mom." I said and shut the door, locking it.

Ashton popped back up from next to the bed and we was laughing again.

"Goodnight mommy." He mocked my American accent and I chunked a pillow at him.

"Shut up Ashton, lights out means lights out." I flicked off my lamp and we both climbed into bed. I was lying on my back and so was Ashton and I felt myself falling asleep.

"This is weird isn't it?" Ashton asked and I turned my head to look at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Like a couple weeks ago we didn't know each other and now I've been staying over at your house, secretly." He explained and hearing him say it out loud did make it sound a little weird.

"It is a little weird I guess but we are just getting to know each other I guess." I said with a shrug.

"Just getting to know each other." He repeated.

>>>>

I know I said Saturday and I will have another chapter then too but I was bored and wrote this one

Sorry it's a little short and boring :/

See you when I update again :)