Thor looked stunned and even taken back from the sudden accusation. " Me?"He asked crossing his unusually broad arms they might have been even more buff than Steves. " Last year we had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned" Fury explained and I began to grasp why he created these weapons.

" My people want nothing but peace with midgard" Thor argued but Fury anticipated this. "And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled" Fury claimed as I nodded in understanding. I understood his reasoning yet it still didn't 100% justify his actions.

" You're work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war" Thor replied with his deep brasso voice. A beat of silence hung over the room as the last word was spoken. " You forced our hand. We had to come up with something" Fury argued.

"Nuclear deterrents. 'Cause that always calms everything right down" Tony replied wittily. Fury turned to him with his emotionless gaze. " I'm sorry Mr.Stark but how did you make your living again?"Fury asked and obviously had a point yet it was beside the fact.

Tony looked a tad taken back " What? How is this all suddenly about me?" Tony asked gesturing to himself. Steve took a step forward "Oh I'm sorry isn't everything?" Steve asked as the pair now glared at each other.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this" Thor voiced.

Fury gave a minorly incredulous look "Oh I'm sorry do we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury asked him. Thor didn't back down from Fury " Did you always give your champions such mistrust?" Thor asked with his deep voice practically resonating off the walls.

"Are you all really naive?" Natasha asked as several others replied. The lav dissolves into different arguments between just about everyone. I tried to tell them that we should stop arguing and focus on the cube but it seemed no one had even heard me. All the different egos and personalities in the room clashed together like battleships. Steve and Tony were really getting into it as they tossed words back and forth in a demeaning manner.

" You speak of control, yet you court chaos" Thor's voice boomed finally breaking through the almost buzzing sound of them all arguing. Bruce cleared his throat sharply "It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb" Bruce claimed as he slowly started walking backwards. His short footsteps were directing him towards Loki's glowing blue scepter behind him.

"You need to step away" Natasha insisted as her hand brushed her hup where her gun holster was. The agitation coming from Bruce was becoming dangerously high. Tony put a hand on Steve's shoulder with a complacent look "Why doesn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony wondered as Steve quickly swat Tony's arm away from him.

Steve looked pissed "You know damn well why now back off" Steve commanded as the pair faced each other again. They seemed to always want to fight. "Oh I'm starting to want you make me" Tony chidded much to Steve's apparent irritation. The difference between Tony's dramatic overconfident ego and Steve patriotic selfless aura was amazing. The pair faced each other with the Captain's back to me.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?" Steve asked as we all watched the pair. I shared a look with Natasha as we both knew this whole argument was wasting time. Now that I knew Fury had lied to us it was time to move on. "Genius, playboy, billionaire, philanthropist" Tony listed off and I really wanted to just slap the goatee right off his face for that comment. I mean it was true but they were both just making it worse.