Chapter 22

Kaitlin's POV:

We stood in the lobby. My mom put our bags in the taxi. She sat in the car and waited for me, I had to say goodbye to Hayes. We stood there holding hands with tears filling our eyes. "I love you. I will facetime you when I get home." I said. He nodded and we kissed. I got into the taxi and we drove off. Its gonna be hard, but it's gonna be okay.

We got to the airport. Once we were through customs and everything we had about 30 minutes till boarding. "I'm going to go get some Starbucks." I said to my mom.

"Alright. Hurry back." She said. I walked to the store and waited in line.

"Hi what can I get you?"

"Hi um can I please get a venti blackberry mojhito tea lemonade." She nodded and handed my the drink. I payed and returned to my gate just in time.

"Flight 209 to Calgary now boarding" the worker announced. Me and my mom stood up with our bags and walked over to the entry of the plane. I felt my heart breaking apart. "Maybe he came.." I thought.

I turned around and scanned the airport. He wasn't there. I was hoping he would drive to the airport to say goodbye but he wasn't there.

I sighed and took my seat on the plane. "I miss him already..." Was all that ran through my head.

Hayes POV:

Seeing her taxi drive away with her beautiful face inside broke my heart. I may never get to talk to her again... And after what she said I'm worried that we will grow apart and I don't want to. No one will ever compare to her.

"Come on man, lets get your mind off her." Nash said patting my back and guiding me to the beach.

When we got there it sucked. Everyone was laughing, vining and having fun and I was just there, alone, with a broken heart and all I could think about was her. I don't even want to say her name. It brings tears to my eyes.

"HAYES, get your shit together. You are the man you shouldnt be crying over some chick." I mind-talked myself to try and feel better. I marched over to the water and decided to just try and have fun with the boys... I hope this works.