Dominion

Hello readers! This story is about the show on Syfy: Dominion.
I'll start off that this is a fan-fiction, and the show is about angels and humanity. It's set about 25 years in time, in this new apocalyptic world. The Extinction War, when an army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, waged war against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, chose to side with humanity.
I would like to put out there that I own none of the original character's from the show or it's original scene's. They belong to syfy and it's writers/producers.
I'd also like to warn that there will be sexual content in this story, it will not be extremely vivid. But it will be intense, so buckle up.

And now without further ado, please enjoy. 

Sweat dripped down the side of my face, the clashing of swords rang through the air. My muscles began to ache, as hard blows came my way making me stumble. It was the same process, attack, dodge, attack, dodge, dodge, dodge, and attack.
I huffed and charged at him, he swung and I dodged his blow. I spun quickly slamming my elbow into his chest. He was barely effected by it. Completely caught off guard, I screamed out in pain as his foot cracked against my rib cage. I was thrown like a rag doll, feeling defeated as I curled into a ball.

"Get up." He demanded kicking my sword. I stared at the blade planning my next move, still trying to recover. Swiftly I grasped the blade in my hand, and angrily tossed it at his stupid head. 
His eyebrow rose after dodging my pathetic move.
He tossed his blade to the side motioning me to continue. I almost whimpered, but continued to rise to my feet. He came at me fast, I ducked under the sucker punch, gripping his hand and twisting it behind him. Using all my strength I drove him into the wall. Where he received the uperhand once again. In moments he had me pinned on the wall, I wrapped my legs around his waist. I went in for a sucker punch but ended up having both hands pinned against the wall.
No matter how much I struggled, he had me pinned, and I reluctantly accepted the loss.

It wasn't till then, was when I realized how close we were. My eyes were glued to his body, I refused to gawk about how perfect the sweat grazed his muscles. And how perfect his muscles are.
But I can't refuse the urge to smash my lips into his. 

"Michael, I give." Finally, he let me down gently, and to say the least I was disappointed. I slipped out from in-front of him making a bee-line for the bed. I jumped onto the enormous bed, careful not to damage my bruising ribs further. 

"You really love this bed," That asshole, commented sitting down by my feet.

"You don't understand how awful those beds are down at the corps." I snuggled into a pillow, absorbing the softness of it.

"You've improved." Michael complimented, slipping a shirt on his torso. I wiped the growing sweat beads from my hair line. Giving a slight nod, I grabbed a bottle of water swallowing down cool water, feeling it sooth my scratchy throat. Very slowly I got up not wanting to leave the comfort of the amazing bed. But I did, cause I'm a Vega citizen. I pulled my damp hair into a tight pony tail, strapped on my guard gear. 

"Will we be training again tomorrow?" I noticed him standing in the window. I snagged his coat of the bed and joined him.

"I suppose," he said "I have to go." I felt his stare come across me, my heart pounded against my chest as I met his stare.

"So go."

Handing him his coat. He took it and slipped it on, our eyes met again in a split second he was gone, out the window into the night.
I rolled my eyes, angels.

I put the crystal sword that i'd been using away and strapped on my weapon belt, then left Michael's room.

I reported for duty at the Riesen house, listening to Claire teach kids the legend of the chosen one. A baby save by the great archangel Michael, sought to help win the war against Gabriel and his dogs of Heaven. The kids listened with wishful ear with hope that one day their savior would show his markings to the world and save us all. 
My fellow guard Alex walked through the door extremely late for duty, I gave him a questioning look, and pondered on asking him where he was all this time but decided it wasn't my business.

At the end of the lesson, I saw the eagerness in Alex's eyes, it made me smile. I swear those two are the cutest, forbidden love makes for the best stories. I had been the only one who knew about their secret relationship.  

"Don't be to long." I made kissy noises at him, in return I got a glare which made me laugh.
I left the room, as I turned the corner I had almost knocked William Whele to the ground.

"I apologize for my clumsiness ." I scratched my neck.

"It's fine, what's your name solider?" Shyly I smiled at him.

"Ryder."

He smiled, "Just try to watch where you're walking next time, Ryder."

"I'll take your advise on that," He glanced at the door longingly that Alex and Claire were in "I really do love your work, I think you tribute to the church is just inspirational" I tried to buy Alex as much time as I could but my attempt to keep his attention soon withered out.

"Why thank you, now if you'd please excuse me, i'd like to go see Claire." I looked back at the door, Alex is screwed.

"Of course." I muttered stepping aside, sighing I continued on to the sleeping quarters.

Later that night, I saw Alex on his cot with Bixby. I made my way over to them noticing three whip marks strew across Alex back.

"Who did this to you?" I asked examining the splits on his back.

"You know who." He said with a sarcastic tone.

"I can only imagine what you did this time." I rolled my eyes at the rebel, and began cleaning the cuts up a bit.

"Hey Bix." I smiled at the young wide eyed child. "I have something for you." I said dropping the towel, in my pocket I dug out a small bag of red berries. "Here ya go." Excitedly she stuffed them in her mouth.

"Where'd you get berries from?" Alex laughed as the small child inhaled them.

"Snagged them from house Reisen." I said standing up. "Well i'm hitting the shower, care to join?" I asked Alex.

He nodded, "I'll be there in a minute."

"Cool, well i'll see you later kid." I said messing the hair up on top of her head, she giggled in return.

 I entered the shower room letting the warm water sooth my sore arms. Quickly I washed up removing the sweat and dirt from my body. After I was done with the shower I quickly dressed in a pair of guard pants and a dark tank top.

Secretly I made my way to the Stratosphere hotel, and took the elevator to the top. My knuckles cracked against the door, hoping that Michael would be alone. But when the door opened it was anyone but Michael, it was the last person I ever expected it to be.

"Jeep?" My throat hitched, he was alive. Happiness bloomed through me and I threw my arms around him.

"It's good to see you too, Ryder." I heard a chuckle rip through Jeeps chest.

"I thought you were dead!" I punched his arm. "And why didn't you say anything to me?" I looked over at Michael.

"I also thought he was dead." He sat calmly on the bed, a glass of red liquid firmly in his hand.

"Well i'm glad you're not." I poured my self a glass of wine, and stomached it fairly quickly.

"So you've been watching over Alex?" I nodded in return.

"What do you wanna know?" I began sipping on my second glass.

"Everything." So I told him, everything from the moment he left to present day. I of course left out some tiny details like his forbidden love, and other secrets that weren't meant for other ears. I knew Alex hated his father, but I did hold sympathy for Jeep. He is the disappointed father who had to make a difficult decision. But I really can't choose sides, I know Jeep cares about his son, and Alex didn't deserve the life he was given.

Later on in the night Jeep left, and Michael and I were alone.

"When do you plan on telling him?" I asked Michael.

"Soon." I nodded, his eyes caught on mine.

"I need another drink." I said with a quivering voice, I was never much of a heavy drinker, but I needed to celebrate the return of my long lost friend. I could feel his heat against my back, I shivered as he placed his hand on mine.

"Do you think that's a good idea?" He whispered in my ear, my heart drummed in my chest. I felt light headed with him so close. My back began to tingle and butterfly's flared within my stomach.

"Will you dance with me?" I felt like a young school girl, with her first crush.

His smirked "It's been awhile." He placed slow dancing music on and then returned in front of me and I placed two shaky hands on his torso. Then slowly raised them up to his neck waiting for him to deny my affection. I felt my heart skip a beat when I felt two firm hands on my hips, I felt my cheeks flush. He pulled us slightly closer, and began to sway to the music.
Without a second thought I brought my lips to his in a light kiss. But it began to pickup heat as he returned the kiss but with passion. I broke the kiss, and forced the shirt off of his body. I threw my body against him connected in a kiss again. I wrapped my legs around his hips as he carried us over the bed. I felt my tank top begin to be tugged off of my body, leaving me exposed in a laced bra. I went to un-clasp his belt, but he stopped. I panted heavily, and layed confused.

"No." He said getting up off the bed.

"What?" I said getting off the bed as well.

"I can't, not with you." I scoffed, angrily throwing my top back on.

"But you can with any other human girl you please." He didn't reply, I was glad he didn't. "It's because I've been with him," I said making my way towards the door. "Isn't it?" I glanced back at him, his face was stiff and un-readable like it always was. 

"You should know I loved him truthfully, but that was decades ago. It's not the same anymore." I spat at him.

"You need to understand, that I can't, at least not now."

"Not ever, I got it." I said before leaving, slamming the door behind me.

_

Later on in the day I walked the halls of the Riesen house, feeling hung over and pissed off.
"Ryder." I heard the one and only Michael call my name. I didn't bother to look at him, I just kept walking. Just as I thought I could get away with out talking to him today, I felt a hand grip my wrist.

"What do you want?" I ripped my hand away from him.

"It's time." In defeat I walked with him and waited for Alex to return from Claire's room.

"This isn't going to go over smoothly." I muttered.

"I don't expect it too."

Well if you made it this far I'd like to thank you for reading and, if you liked it please vote, it'd mean the world to me.
Also please comment what you liked, what you hated, what you think I should improve on.
This is only part one: part two will be called Pilot: Jubilee which'll be here soon.