"Sorry Cory, there I said it, happy?" My mom seemed somewhat pleased by it and handed over his plate. I quickly take the last bite of my food and gave mom my plate, before I left the room I gave my brother a cold stare. He seemed somewhat surprised for some odd reason, I shook that off and head back to the bathroom to brush my teeth after that I went to my room to grab my camera mask off my nightstand, I put on the mask blinking a couple of times so that my eyes- er lens could adjust. Before I could leave I notice something else on my nightstand, a blue heart shaped locket.

"A locket? Since when did I own one?" I mumbled. I left the locket there and went downstairs bumping the shoulder of my older brother. "Watch it" He growled at me, I stuck my tongue at him once he had his back turned. I went back to the table to grab my bag (A/N the dinner table is near the kitchen)

"Oh, wait Cory. Don't forget your lunch." My mom handed me a brown paper bag. "Thanks, bye mom" I opened my bag and put my lunch inside and made my way to the door. Grabbing my brown boots off the shoe rack I put them on (A/N I kinda see him wearing short boots for some odd reason) and head out the door.

7:15am

I left the house at that same time every single school day, day in and day out. Same routine nothing new, I pass a couple of other students on my 15 minute walk to school. And of course some would avoid me thinking that my condition is contagious.

"Ew its that camera faced freak"
"Get away from him, you might catch the flowers"
"I heard he still getting over a fever,"
"He's going to spread his petals to us"
"Disgusting.."

I huffed and brushed the comments off like it was nothing, but I do occasionally fake a cough to freak some of them out. I have admit its kinda of funny to see their reactions.

"Ewewewe he's going to give me his germs"
"Away ew"
"I knew we should've have left earlier"

I reach the school gates looking around for a place to hide until the bell rings, I might be lucky if my homeroom teacher decides to open the class a bit early. But for now I just need to find a place to avoid Ched and his goons, luckily for me I manage to blend in with in a crowd of students in the halls. All I had to do is to keep my head down so nobody would see my face, out of the corner of my eye I spotted my teacher in front of the classroom door. I made a B line to her.

"Good morning Miss Peterson," I greeted her.

"Ah good morning to you young Cory, are you feeling fine? I heard you just got over a fever."
"I doing fine Miss Peterson"
"Very well, come inside" she said as she let me go in first, I went straight to my desk. It was in the back near the window, a perfect place for an outcast like me. I grab out my notebook and pencil case, I looked out of the window letting my mind wonder. At first it was just a jumble of random thoughts but for some odd reason something kept on pulling me back to the locket on my nightstand.

"Weird, I can't remember who gave me that locket. I feel like it was important to somebody but who and why would they give it to me?"I thought, I pinch the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh. I look at the clock above the board, 2 minutes until class starts. Nice. I look around to see most of my classmates here chatting amongst themselves.

RIIIIIIING

The bell goes off, my remaining classmates enter class, heading straight to their desks to grab out their needed items for the day or rushing to finish their home works. The second bell went off, Miss Peterson leaves her desk and process to walk in front of the board with her computer in hand, there she starts off roll call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N) Man this is long for a first chapter, 1325 words geez..... Anyways let me explain some things here first the camera thing.

So the camera (or mask) is something helps prevents the flowers from spreading the body. Its like a magic thing, the mask and flowers have magic properties. The mask cancels out the negative properties of the flowers.

Ok so for the flowers, the flower thing was inspired by flowerfell. Of course in this story its a type of sickness only contracted by humans, and yes its still life threatening (at points)

And now for the locket....... Well all I could say, its that the reason why I had Cory have it in the beginning is that, well it may have some what a bit more of a role in the beginning and maybe for later depending on how the story goes......

So anyways that's the first chapter please ask me anything if your confused on a part.

-Wintershift