{23}

"my baby i miss you"

     Jooheon was there to wait for her, no matter how long it took

"And that was my stressful trip," she concluded, sipping the last of her cappuccino.

    "I'm sorry all those things had to happen."

    "Well, everything's okay now, so I don't have to worry about them anymore."

     "I'm glad your family's okay."

     "Me too."

     They sat in silence for a couple seconds, not knowing what to say to each other. Their unexchanged words spun in their heads, only to be heard by themselves.

     "I'm sorry."

     "For what?"

     "For being selfish."

     "What do you mean?"

     Jooheon sighed, and thought about how much he was worrying about himself rather than considering her situation. "I–while you were gone, I only thought about why you stopped texting me. I thought maybe over the week we weren't together, you might've...I don't know, stopped loving me...I was selfish."

     She smiled, which was an unexpected reaction. "Jooheon, you're not selfish. I'm sorry I worried you." She cupped his cheeks with her hands. "Dummy, I would never, never stop loving you. Got it? So don't even think twice."

     He felt his ears turn red, and she laughed. "It's the truth."

     "And I'll love you forever too."

With that, all his worries floated away like clouds disappearing after a storm.