Semangelof tilted his head knowing quite well that he would not have a chance against this man if it would come to a fight, but Michael could not simply attack and slaughter him either. It would be against the law, even with the special rights and dispensations allotted to him as an archangel.

"Is this an invitation to your bedroom Michael?" He verbally drove the thorn deeper knowing that he was famous for his short fuse.

The other man reached for his sword but his friends held him back.

"Stop it. Both of you." One speaks and steps between them. He looked at Michael. "You... Calm down." He then turned to Semangelof. "And you... Know your place, and if you have knowledge of the whereabouts of the woman we seek then I order you to hand over the information. If you fail to do so then you violate the law of the inquisition."

The angel nodded. "I do not know where to find her and I swear this on my sword and the Lord himself." He bit his lower lip. So, it is indeed true. The symbols on their armor. The cross with two horizontal bars. The sign of the inquisition. They really have come to see the female angel.

"Why do you wish to see her?" He asked but it was a rather rhetorical question.

"That is not of your concern!" Michael yelled at him, still furious, from behind the man between them.

"It indeed is not of your concern, Semangelof, but we wish to see her and question her about the demon she brought here. More I can not tell you." The man in front of him was older. Perhaps in his mid-fifties and his temper was much better controlled than the one Michael tried to keep restrained. He was of the same height as Semangelof and his hair was short and dark. A long scar on his cheek indicated that he had most certainly served in the army or fought in one of the multiple wars against the demons.

"What is your name?" Semangelof asked the one in front of him now feeling better that there seemed to be at least one around who was not a fanatic and approachable. Something that was very rare for those of the inquisition.

"My name is Chamuel." He replied and looked at the angel with blue eyes gazing from under his long lashes.

"Well... It is my pleasure to meet you then, Sir." Semangelof replied. "I would need to talk to Lady Myriel and it seems you just arrived. Have the servants looked after your horses and announced you properly?" He asked. The man in front of him smiled politely.

"We arrived this morning already and had several conversations with the lady at this point. We have just returned from our ride to get to know the surroundings."

"So, it is you why Lady Myriel was busy today?" The angel asked and the older man nodded. "Yes, I guess this is the truth. I hope it is nothing important we hindered you from?"

Semangelof shook his head and his eyes fall on Michael who had calmed down.

"No, you did not but I have to see her now, and hopefully she has not yet gone to bed."

Saying these words Semangelof began to climb the marble stairs but stopped halfway hearing horses approach. He turned to find the mayor and a guard arriving. He nodded at them with a sad smile as they came to a halt in front of the group. They appeared startled as they did not expect men in heavy armor in front of the building.

"Have you recovered the old man? I hope he is well taken care of?" Semangelof directed his words toward the new arrivals but the mayor shook his head.

"We went to his house but there was no corpse. His room seems untouched beside the two goblets you mentioned." He replied and remained on his horse. "You're not playing games with me, are you? My time is precious. Especially this late in the evening."