• 8 • Day One - Part Three

Alison's Point of View:

"Why are you sat by yourself?" Emily asked, as she sat down at the side of me. Everyone else was dancing, whilst I was sulking in my seat. I knew that sticking out my bottom lip probably gave it away, but I was bummed out. Pouting was a habit when I was irritated or upset about something.

"My daughter ditched me." I admitted, letting out a loud huff. A few minutes before that, Spencer and Aria had asked me if Dani could sleep in their room tonight and me not wanting to make my daughter unhappy, said yes. Dani looked so excited and there was no way I could say no to that face. I didn't know why I was bummed out, but I actually enjoyed her company. I felt lonely when she wasn't around. As much as I hate to say it, I don't fit in with the girls as well as the rest of them do. I knew I was a horrible person in the past, but I had changed. I wasn't a bitch anymore and I would do anything to let them see that, but I didn't really have the chance.

There was only one person who had fully accepted me and that was the girl sitting to my left, with an amused smile on her face. "Oh, yeah. I saw Spencer running off with her earlier. Where are they going?" She asked, obviously wanting to understand why it bothered me so much. It shouldn't have bothered me, but I had grown to rely on her company. I still lived in Rosewood and very few people were actually willing to give the new me a chance. No one accepted me there, so the only people I really had were Dani and Jason. Jason wasn't always there, either, so Dani was my main companion. I hated it when she left me.

"She's staying in their room tonight." I mumbled, looking down at the floor. I regretted everything about my past and had done so much to try and fix things, but no one was willing to look past my old ways. The worst part was that I knew I deserved everything I got. I didn't understand why Emily was so willing to forgive me. She got the worst of me when I was younger. I didn't deserve her. The other girls were friendly with me, but I knew there was no trust there. It was like they were afraid of me and considering they were my only friends, that hurt like hell.

"Awh, don't be sad about it. I bet she's having a great time." Emily assured me, not realising that wasn't what I was upset about. I knew Dani would have fun with them. She was such a bubbly and energetic child; there was no way she wouldn't be keeping herself entertained with the two. It was just that I didn't know how to do things by myself. I had grown used to her being by my side all the time.

"I know," I sighed out, closing my eyes for a few seconds. I didn't know why Emily was so keen on keeping her eyes on me. She was always asking me if I was okay and constantly checked if I was happy. She seemed to believe that I was, but deep down, I was the exact opposite. I had Dani and she made me so damn happy, but that's it. I only had Dani. When she wasn't stood next to me, I felt completely alone. It was sad how dependant I was on a six-year-old girl, but it was how I'd come to live.

"But that's not what you're upset about, is it?" She asked, sighing as she turned her body to face me. My head snapped up and my light blue eyes met her chocolate brown ones. I squinted my eyes in slight confusion, not really understanding what she was talking about.

"Come on, Ali. It hasn't been that long. I can still tell when there's something wrong with you and I know it's not just about Dani. I don't know exactly what is bothering you... but you can talk to me about it, if you want." She told me, looking at me under her lashes, as she played with her fingers. She had just figured me out. Exactly as she used to when we were younger. She could read me like a book and there was nothing I could do about it. I knew she wanted me to tell her what was wrong and I wanted to comply, but I didn't want her to think I was trying to gain her trust with a sob story. It wasn't like that at all.

"I'm just... feel alone when she's not around." I explained, without actually giving away too much information. She raised her head a little, looking me dead in the eye, with a sad smile plastered across her gorgeous face.