2

Ace sat on the couch as he lit a wine flavored Black & Mild. He was bored out of his mind. Z-Ro's "I'm Good" played through his bluetooth speaker. He had been in the house all day.

"This shit gettin' annoying." he mumbled to himself.

He grabbed his Iphone 8plus and dialed his bestfriend, Slim. Ace and Slim had been friends since middle school days. They hated eachother at first because they both felt like they ran shit, but they eventually realized how they could shake shit up if they collaborated.

"What the fuck you want?" Slim answerd. Slim was your typical disrespectful ass nigga. He was lightskin as fuck, stood at 6' even, and had to be the biggest hoe to ever walk the streets of Baton Rouge.

"Ugly ass dude. Where the hell you at?" Ace asked. He was tired of sittin in the damn house. Days like this, Ace could sit at home and let his boys do all the dirty work. Since the streets were quiet today, he ain't really have to go check on anything. He made a mental note to go check on some shit anyway, just to be on the safe side.

"The crib. Why? You trynna make  some rounds?" Slim asked. There was no Slim without Ace. Wherever Ace went, Slim was right there behind him. They were that tight. They had the strongest bond anyone from the area had seen. They were basically, well might as well had been blood brothers. Slim had the most respect for Ace. He looked up to Ace. To Slim, no one else ever kept it as real with him as Ace. He knew that his brother wanted the best for him and wouldn't let him fall for shit.

"Man I don't give a fuck what we do. I'm bored as fuck." Ace replied. It was 6 that evening and he had literally let the entire day pass. He hadn't done shit but sleep in, smoke, eat, and smoke again.

"On the cool, I'm bored as hell, too. Let's go see who at the Legion." Slim suggested. The legion was where the whole hood went to shoot ball and swim and shit. Since it was a Sunday evening, he knew it would be packed. 

Ever since that shit with the escaped rapist, Ace had been trying his best to keep an eye on the community. He aint want shit happenin to nobody in his hood, especially these women and little girls.

"Bet that. Ima come get you." Ace said. Slim agreed and hung up the phone.

Ace stood to his feet and stretched. "Now I'm tired as hell." he chuckled. He walked to his room and went through his drawers, looking for a white t-shirt and some basketball shorts. After finding some, he went into the bathroom and took a quick shower.

He knew he was gone be on the court. He happened to be pretty good in basketball. He played it all four years, varsity, his high school days. He could've actually went somewhere with the sport, but his hood ways and love for the street life got in the way. He wasn't no dumb nigga, either. He never made below B- average in his classes, but college wasn't for him. He had never worked a legal job. He was in love with the fast paced life he was living. It brought him fast money. That's what he wanted. He knew his mother wanted more for him, though, but in his eyes, there was no other way out. He didn't even want to finish highschool, but because of basketball, he did. And plus, he knew that his mama deserved to at least see her son walk the stage.

After his shower, he put on his favorite hooping shoes, grabbed the keys to his 2017 Dodge Charger, and headed towards Slim's side of town.

-

"Damn, took yo' ugly ass long enough."Slim fussed as he got in the passengers seat of Ace's car.

"All you do is talk shit." Ace stated, driving off.

"I wouldn't be me if I didn't. But aye, look at this bitch I'm finna try to fuck on tonight." he geeked, showing Ace a picture of some thick ass female.