Chapter 24

Few weeks later

The baby and I have been home for a week now. I had Lexi and Shakeya go to my house and get my girls and some clothes.

I didn't want to see Aubrey. I was staying with Carlos and Shakeya. Shad was a little upset but I almost died in his kitchen so he understood.

"Hey sis. Look at little man he so cute. I hope him and Cj are tight." Carlos said.

We both laughed at the thought of them grown up. "They will. His sister's can't stop kissing him and hugging him. Cj just smiles at him and he will lay next to him when he is sleep on the bed." I said.

We talked about a little bit of everything and we laughed. We even talked about how Carlos has been present for the twins and AD's births.

"You know I have to ask did you speak to Aubrey?" Carlos asked burping his greedy nephew.

"I let the kids talk to him when he facetimes them, but no I don't talk to him. I let him see his son but I can't talk to him yet. Our whole relationship is one big lie." I said fighting the tears that threatened to fall.

"I did tell Sandy she could come over to see her grandson today. She hasn't held him yet." I said.

I watched my little brother bond with my son. It was so great. I wish he was bonding with his father but you can't have it all.

"Carlos will you watch him while I shower real quick?"

"Of course. I would love to hang with my nephew for a bit." he said putting his feet up leaning back on the couch.

I smiled at them then went to take a quick shower before Sandy came.