42. Safe and Sound

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for your cooperation, Denarian Dey. We will trust you with the rest." Loki guides Aurora outside, shaking his head at her rambling.

***

"How are you feeling, love?" Loki asks Aurora as he watches her cautiously as she lands their new space ship Moon on the destined planet. The ship is still new and barely decorated with their personal stuff but it is easy to fly, even Loki was able to learn how to do it within days.

"Great! I planned to show you this place a long time ago, back when we were in the cell. It's quite chaotic here, look out for thieves but I know you love chaos and no rules."

Even though his heart warms up at the thought that Aurora has already planned this a long time ago, he remains worried. Yondu's death was only three weeks ago and he knows that it still lingers in her mind, so does Ego's harsh words and attack. Although there's finally justice for Ophelia, Loki's aware that this will not cast out the pain and sorrow. "You are not to lie to me."

"I don't?" She frowns at him and shifts the last gears, having the Moon perfectly parked. "You are the God of Lies, you should know when I'm lying or not, especially since I suck at it. Now, c'mon!"

Grabbing his hand, she drags him outside. Due to her injuries, she's not able to run as fast as she would like to but Aurora's still fast. The couple ends up at a crowded market, many colors jumping right into Loki's eyes. At least a dozen side streets are available on every side, booth by booth are almost towering above them and voices fill the air. The lanterns that are floating in the air spread across the whole crowd of different aliens, light in the dark, and are more than just a beautiful sight.

"Welcome to the Midnight Bazaar!" Aurora shouts happily, linking arms with him. "It's called Midnight Bazaar because it's permanently night on this planet. Much trading and dealing, a perfect place for nobodies."

"How incredibly romantic. This is the place of our first rendezvous?"

"You know what a date is?" Aurora almost chuckles in surprise and he shrugs.

"I might have caught one or two things from Yondu– " Before he's able to finish his sentence, Aurora cuts him off and drags him to a booth. She cannot bear to hear the name without crying yet.

"You have to try that! It's so delicious!" She quickly buys themselves a bag of dark, foreign fruits, fruits that Loki has never seen but their shape resembles that of a lemon, just in the size of a grape. They walk into an alley to avoid the stream of the crowd and have more silence.

"What is this supposed to be?" Loki glances with mistrust at the little bag in her hand.

"Trust me, it's delicious and it deliquesces on the tongue because it's fluffy inside. It tastes like peach-flavored cotton candy and it's covered in something similar to chocolate. This fruit is called dot. Come on, be open-minded and try one! It's easy, see?" Aurora takes a dot and eats it, closing her eyes for a second at the sweet taste and savoring every bit of it.

"You may have convinced me." He smirks mischievously and before she is able to offer him the bag, he places his hand behind her head and pulls her into a kiss. Without even thinking, Aurora accidentally drops the bag and loses herself in the kiss while her arms snake around his neck. No matter what fruit she eats, it'd never feel and taste as good as Loki's lips.

He catches a taste of chocolate and this foreign fruit on her lips and tongue which only makes him deepen the kiss, craving for more of the sweet, soft flavor. As his hands lower down to her hips, she presses herself closer against him and nothing could separate them, not even air. Smirking, Aurora bites gently his bottom lip and her grin widens when she earns a little moan from him. She's melting into him and her heart is drumming like hell, the blood and adrenaline rushing into her ears.

Loki needs to maintain control since they're still on a public side street and reminds himself to restrain his lust. By Valhalla, she's making him lose control every time their lips connect and his mind goes insane. Eventually, he's finally able to pull back, trying to contain his addiction to her lips and touch.

"Gloriously delicious, indeed." He grins and his tongue roams over his upper lip, still tasting the sweetness.

"Not here, Laufeyson." Aurora refers to their heated make out session and bites on her bottom lip, questioning how someone can look this hot whilst licking their upper lip. She then drives her hand over his messy raven-black hair. "I might have messed up your hair, oops."

"Is that how great your desire is for me?" Loki teases and she rolls her eyes, tilting her head.

"I'm pretty sure it's mutual. And because of you, I wasted twenty units. There go all the dots."

"Tragic." He sarcastically says and glances at Aurora who checks her device. "Aurora, why are we really here?"

"Huh?"

"Don't lie to me or avoid the truth, I'm always capable of unfolding it. I'm more than certain that this is not the place that you imagined for our first date, you would have suggested the planet Heaven. I know you. So, reveal your true intentions." Loki demands with narrowed eyes, the tension between them growing. His look is more than just intimidating because it is filled with concern and Aurora sighs.

"Okay, I give in. I need a new space helmet and some tools for an upgrade for my space boots. And some instruments for a spacesuit." She admits, leaning against the wall and Loki frowns.

"Why do you require a spacesuit? Isn't it one of the Raccoon's inventions?"

She swallows, fiddling with her hands nervously. "Yondu died because they only had one spacesuit which only works for one person. He sacrificed his life for Peter. I don't want this to happen ever again, so I wanna try to change the construction, improve it, so that it'll at least work out for two people, you know? So nobody has to sacrifice themselves for anyone ever again... I know, it's stupid and you don't have to do this with me, in fact, you don't have to stay with me at all. I know that this is not the life that you want, you desire a kingdom, a throne and I cannot offer you that, so I understand if you don't want to– "

Loki cuts her off with his lips, but this time the kiss is tender and affectionate, not rough or passionate. It makes Aurora feel secure and safe. His hands are holding her face while hers are lying on his firm chest. Only when he increases the distance between them does she opens her eyes, locking them onto his.

"I want to be by your side. Always." He promises sincerely and she presses her lips together to hold back her tears. "You shall be safe."

"Are you sure?"

Loki nods, "You're the only throne I desire."

This makes her genuinely smile as she has been afraid she would lose him as well and a relieved chuckle escapes her lips. "So you want to sit on me too?"

Playfully rolling his eyes, he almost chuckles. "Oh, shut up, love."

A/N- The next chapter will look a bit different but will still be a chapter and important because it will be the beginning of Ragnarok, so there's gonna be a big time jump :)